Collection ID413 - John F. Moorhead

Title proper

John F. Moorhead

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title based on contents.

Level of description

Collection

Reference code

CA MNBM ID413

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Date(s)

  • [19??]-1963 (Creation)
    Creator
    Moorhead, Rev. John Francis

Physical description

10 cm of textual records

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Name of creator

(n.d.; fl. [1945]-2001)

Biographical history

The Rev. John Francis Moorhead is the son of Rev. William Henry Moorhead (d. 1962) and C. Mabel Wilson of Quebec province. William Moorhead was an Irish immigrant who became the fourth bishop of Fredericton. His son John followed his father's footsteps into the priesthood and was ordained by him. J. F. Moorhead served as a military chaplain during the Second World War and later served in the dioceses of Brandon, Manitoba, and Fredericton, New Brunswick. In 2001, the Rev. John Moorhead was living in Sussex, New Brunswick.

Sources: Lyman Harding, Citizen With the Saints a Brief History of Anglicanism in New Brunswick; New Brunswick Telephone Directory, 2001

Custodial history

Information about the custody of these records prior to acquisition is incomplete.

Scope and content

This collection consists of research notes and material about the Anglican church in New Brunswick collected by Moorhead. There are notes on histories of Anglican churches in New Brunswick, including a copy of the vestry minutes of Trinity Church, Saint John, 1790-1825. There are also press clippings and printed ephemera about church history including the120th anniversary of St. George's Church, Saint John, 1941 and memorial pamphlets from Trinity Church, Saint John. Published booklets on the histories of the diocese of Fredericton and the parish of Fredericton are also included. There is also an extract from a diary, listing dates of events in the Anglican Church in New Brunswick and notes on records kept in cathedrals in the province.

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Donated by Rev. John F. Moorhead, 1963

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

No restrictions

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Subject access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area