General material designation
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of fonds.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
1954-1975, 1990, 1992-2001, 2010-2011 (Creation)
- Upsalquitch Pastoral Charge
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
A pastoral charge is a grouping of churches termed "preaching points" -- each with separate names and governing boards or sessions. These churches are served by one minister. The pastoral charge title usually reflects the breadth of the geographic area encompassing the charge.
Upsalquitch Pastoral Charge is located in Restigouche County, New Brunswick, and consists of preaching places at Robinsonville (St. John’s United Church) and Upsalquitch (St. David’s United Church).
The church at Upsalquitch began as a Presbyterian church taking on the name St. John's in 1917.
At the time of the union of the Presbyterian, Methodist, and Congregational Churches into the United Church of Canada, 1925, the churches now in Upsalquitch Pastoral Charge were in Matapedia Pastoral Charge. In 1949-1950, they became part of the Restigouche Pastoral Charge along with Flatlands, Glen Levit, and Tide Head. Then in 1955, Robinsonville and Upsalquitch became the Upsalquitch Pastoral Charge.