Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
On 10 June 1925 St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church became a part of the United Church of Canada. The Methodist church in Campbellton also became a part of the United Church of Canada and the two new United Churches were known as the Campbellton United Church with services held in the two church buildings.
On 27 November 1927, the two congregations began to worship in the former St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church, and on 8 May 1929 the name "First United" was adopted. Construction on the current church building was started in 1950 and the building was officially opened and dedicated on 16 September 1951.
In 1946, Atholville and Richardsville were added as preaching places to Campbellton Pastoral Charge. As of 1969, they were no longer listed under the Campbellton Pastoral Charge.
The Campbellton/Escuminac Pastoral Charge was created with the merger of the former Campbellton Pastoral Charge and the Escuminac Pastoral Charge in January 2004.