Saint John's Young Men's Christian Association
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
CA MNBM ID5190
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- YMCA (Saint John, N.B.)
0.5 cm of textual records
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
(First established in 1854; re-established in 1867)
The Young Men's Christian Association was first established in Saint John, New Brunswick, in 1854. It built up a library and organized public debates until its demise in 1860 or 1861. In 1867, with the support of a coalition of evangelical churches, a branch of the international association was established in Saint John. They met in various church halls and other buildings until 1873 when they completed their own building on Charlotte Street.
Information about the custody of these records prior to acquisition is incomplete.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of the YMCA constitution, 1867, and annual reports for 1879 and 1890. There is also a catalogue of the Antiquarian and Natural History Loan exhibit, sponsored by the YMCA in 1899.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Specialty Book Concern, Oakville Ontario, 1960, and Mrs. R. Mears, 1957.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access