Forme autorisée du nom
Forme(s) parallèle(s) du nom
Forme(s) du nom normalisée(s) selon d'autres conventions
Autre(s) forme(s) du nom
Numéro d'immatriculation des collectivités
Zone de description
On 3 August 1930, the cornerstone for the General Public Hospital on Waterloo Street, Saint John, New Brunswick, was laid by Dr. Walter W. White, mayor of Saint John. The stone was on the building exterior, believed to be at the main entrance.
The 1957 extension at the centre of the original building required the relocation of the 1930 cornerstone. It was moved to the interior where the Outpatient Department was located. At this time this time the original stone was found to be cracked and too fragile to be moved to its new location. The hospital board decided to make a replica stone from a salvaged stone block. When the stone was relocated, the box was reopened and more items from 1957 were added. When the 1930 stone was re-laid the masons placed a small wood box with memorabilia of Walter Irvine and Harry Saunders.
Source: Saint John General Hospital Cornerstone & Time Capsule Removal Project, 1995 by Harold Wright