Série organique 09.07.01 - Photocopied Photos

Titre propre

Photocopied Photos

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document iconographique

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: Museum Created

Niveau de description

Série organique

Cote

CA HM 09.07.00-09.07.01

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Date(s)

  • 1880-1940 (Production)
    Producteur
    Camp Sussex

Description matérielle

1.5 cm of photocopied photographs

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Nom du producteur

(1880-1978)

Histoire administrative

Between 1868 to 1876, John Saunders trained his men at his home in Fox Hill. Camps were held there every other year. In 1881 stables were build on the grounds which were to become Camp Sussex. In 1883 the officers built a home. It was called the Cavalry Club House and became the first officer?s mess. In 1893 the Federal government purchased the grounds outright and created a permanent military camp. In that year there was a large camp held with both the Infantry and Cavalry participating.In 1936 they became a motorized cavalry unit. In 1937 a mechanized cavalry unit and in 1938 they became a divisional cavalry unit. In 1940 they switched to motorcycles and became the 4th Canadian Motorcycle Regiment. In Janualry of that year they were given the order to mobilize and 415 men trained in Sussex that year. In March 1941, they became the 5th Armoured Regiment and were sent to Camp Borden, in Ontario to train. Later they went to Debert, Nova Scotia and then went overseas in November 1941. In 1946 the Regiment came home. The train arrived in Sussex on January 27, 1946. The 8th Hussars were back at summer camp that August for the first time since 1940. During the 1950?s training became more concentrated. Twice a year the Regiment conducted concentrated courses to top off their local training. These courses included skills in trades such as driving and maintenance, wireless and gunnery. In the late 1950?s changes were made. The Regiment was moved to CFB Gagetown and Camp Sussex as such was no more. There are still some Militia and Cadets here.

Historique de la conservation

G. Bowser

Portée et contenu

Series consists of photocopied photographs of Officers, Personnel and Squadrons, Training in and around Camp Sussex. Regimental Trumpet band led by Corporal Mackenzie, Regimental band 1880's, Lieutenant Colonel H.R. Emerson, Mounted parade 1904, Regimental officers 1902

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Box - 20

Générer l'instrument de recherche

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés