New Brunswick Museum Ladies Auxiliary

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

New Brunswick Museum Ladies Auxiliary

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

Made an independent organization in 1943

History

The New Brunswick Museum was established 1932. Prior to 1943, the Museum admitted women as associate members only. In 1943, the Museum Act was amended to give the Ladies' Auxiliary full status as an independent organization. The Auxiliary took over mailing all its own notices and the management of all business relating to the conduct of its meetings. There was a membership of 40 ladies in 1943, paying dues of $1. The executive of the Ladies' Auxiliary in 1943 were: honourary president Grace Leavitt; president, Mrs. P.N. Woodley (Grace); 1st vice-president, Christine Matthew; 2nd vice-president, Mrs. J.J. Rowan (Jenny); 3rd vice-president, Mrs. E.R. Hagerman; secretary, Mrs. Andrew Galbraith and treasurer, Mrs. R.B. Irving (Grace). Activities of the Ladies Auxiliary included providing entertainment, fundraising, and promoting history.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places