General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
[ca. 1905-1980] (Creation)
- Murray & Gregory Ltd.
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
Murray & Gregory, Ltd were manufacturers and shippers of lumber and lumber products in Saint John, New Brunswick. The company was founded in 1846 or 1847. In 1867 it was named Long, Barnhill & Co., and when Mr. Long died Mr. W. H. Murray purchased his interest and that of Barnhill. Mr. J. Fraser Gregory had been employed in the business since 1881 and in 1899 was made a partner. W.H. Murray retired in 1904 and died a year later. The same year the company was organized as a limited liability company, with Mr. J. Fraser Gregory as president and manager. The mill was destroyed by fire in 1903, but was immediately rebuilt. The buildings included a saw mill, a woodworking factory, and a dry kiln.
City of Saint John, its facilities and interests, 1908
Scope and content
This fonds includes financial statements, account books, quotations, invoices, contracts, leases, tax files, workmen's compensation files, advertisement brochures of firms involved in woodworking, machinery, milling and doors.
Note: the fonds needs arrangement and descriptions
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material