Ladies Morning Musical Club
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
CA MNBM ID415
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Ladies Morning Musical Club
58 cm of textual records
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Ladies Morning Musical Club was founded 17 November 1925 in Saint John, New Brunswick, and continued until February 1959. The club was created "for the mutual benefit and instructions of its members in vocal and instrumental music, to increase the interest and desire for the best music in the community and to promote sociability. For the giving of concerts and such purposes to engage the services of such professional musicians and artists… as instructors or to assist as instructors in public and private performances."
The club was open to all women who were willing to pay the $5.00 annual fee. It allowed visitors to meetings for $0.50. The musical club had an executive of 16 members and used a small orchestra for its meetings, which were held at one time at the Admiral Beatty Hotel. The club took an interest in promoting young musicians. It held Student Day Performances and was instrumental in the formation of the New Brunswick Festival of Music.
Information about the custody of these records prior to acquisition is incomplete.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of correspondence, minutes, reports, scrapbooks, albums, financial records and printed ephemera. It includes papers delivered by members on a variety of musical topics. There are membership lists, a book of remembrance for past members, and a photograph album, 1926-1946. The ephemera includes scrapbooks of programs and newspaper clippings. There are constitutions and rules, 1926-1947 and programs from 1925-1958.
Immediate source of acquisition
The fonds was donated by the Ladies Morning Musical Club in 1956 and 1960
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
The Provincial Archives of New Brunswick hold MC1548 "A history of the ladies' morning musical club: as read by the writer on November 1st, 1950 …."