Kingston Peninsula Telephone Company

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Kingston Peninsula Telephone Company

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1913-1961

History

The Kingston Peninsula Telephone Company was incorporated on April 29, 1913 to meet the demand for telephone service on the Peninsula and was established with 1000 shares with a value of $5 each. The first annual shareholders’ meeting was held on September 10, 1913 and established the directors of the company. The first directors’ meeting was also held on September 10, 1913. The Kingston Peninsula Telephone company would exist for 47 years and held 48 shareholders’ and 144 directors’ meetings. The company was sold to the New Brunswick Telephone Company in 1960 and would surrender its charter in 1961.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC