1 photograph of Miramichi Anglers' Association Camp (front view) located in MacDonald's Woods, Doaktown. Formerly known as the 'North County Fox Breeder's Ranch', it was built in 1930 by Dr. Freeman MacDonald, a native of Blissfield but, at the time, living in Boston. Sportsmen stayed here during the 1930's.
This fonds consists of two Advent Christian hymnals ; account journals including the names of parishioners, employees, and amounts given to the church in Woodstock; and a Women's Home and Foreign Mission Society minute book, including a handwritten 1899 constitution .
This collection contains correspondences, documents, photos, and other types of material related to Joseph and Effie Gibson and their descendants. Most of the correspondence in this collection concerns the oldest son of Joseph and Effie Gibson named Joe Gibson, who was a pilot with the Royal Canadian Air Force during the Second World War who went missing during a flight. Many photos of him and his crewmates, his letters home from overseas, as well as his schoolwork and notes from leaning how to fly an aircraft, are also included in this collection. Several items which concern the affairs of John Gibson, Joe Gibson’s younger brother, can be found in this collection. These include correspondences and legal documents related to the estate of Charlotte Gibson, his sister, as well as an agreement between John Gibson and the Canada Railroad Company concerning interest and his land. Most of the personal items and published material in this collection belonged to John Gibson as well, these include publications related to his position as a volunteer firefighter, reports of organizations he belonged to, maps of the Town of St. Andrews, notes related to his work as a stonemason, and other items.
This collection contains clippings and photocopies of articles from a local Charlotte County newspaper called the St. Croix Courier. The topics of these articles can include events from local Charlotte County history, special ceremonies or meetings, important places, obituaries and death notices, and news. Some standout articles include a souvenir album on the visit of Prince Charles and Princess Diana to St. Andrews, and an article on people from Charlotte County who moved to California for the Gold Rush. There is also a document on the history of this newspaper.
Original architectural plans of a “hotel building for John W. Sime” (now the Rossmount Inn, Chamcook). Includes three sheets, the first a cross-section of the building and plan of the basement, the second a plan of the basement and the second floor, and the third an exterior view showing the front elevation and east elevation, as well as a cross-section of the penthouse.
This collection contains books and loose documents related to the St. Andrews branch of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. These items contain financial information on the day to day activities of this group, as well as meeting minutes and annual reports, all of which provide a detailed look at the activities this branch organization has undertaken over the years. Also included are documents related to C. W. L. anniversary events.
This item is a scrapbook by Ann (Haley) Berman which has a detailed map of New Brunswick on the cover and contains cut-outs from newspapers and magazines. These cut-outs concern significant New Brunswick places and landmarks, people, and events from the 1940s. Some notable cut-outs include articles on Dochet, or St. Croix, Island, a story about a two-storey wooden frame house located in St. George that was believed to have been built in the early 1800s burning down, a story about the removal of customs officers from the bridge at Upper Mills New Brunswick which left the border with Maine unguarded, a story about the network of light and fog stations in the Bay of Fundy and their keepers, a meeting of the Home and School Association on Campobello, the state of fishing in Blacks Harbour and other areas of the Bay of Fundy, and an article about the appearance of a mysterious moose carcass with no obvious signs of death near St. George. Other cut-outs include stories from the city of Saint John’s history, some of New Brunswick’s earliest settlers, famous families and individuals such as Lord Beaverbrook or Charles Saint Etienne de La Tour, New Brunswick hospitals and the Red Cross, hunting and fishing, and global events like post World War II talks between Britain, the U. S. and Russia.
This collection contains a promotional publication for the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of the Town of St. George. St. George was officially incorporated on November 8 1904, and the 100th anniversary of the town included special events and ceremonies as well as 100th anniversary publications.
This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.
This collection contains newspaper clippings from the Telegraph-Journal, a Saint John based newspaper, which are related to Charlotte County. Topics of these articles can include local news, tourism, historic buildings, genealogy, and politics.