Showing 8 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions St. Andrews Buildings and structures
Print preview View:

All Saints Church (St. Andrews : Anglican) fonds : [1803-1953]

  • CA PANB MC219
  • Fonds
  • 1803-1953, 1970

This fonds consists of both original paper records and microfilm copies. It documents the management of the land owned by the parish and other business affairs of All Saints Church, St. Andrews. The church was granted a large glebe, including land in the town, forest and on the waterfront. The documents consist of bonds, leases, assignments, licences of occupation, memos of sale, notes and mortgages. There is also some business correspondence dating from the first half of the twentieth century. A microfilm of the vital statistics records of the parish (baptisms, marriages and burials), dating from 1787-1961, is also included.

All Saints Church (St. Andrews, N.B.)

Ann (Haley) Berman

  • CA CCA MC 867
  • Item
  • [194-?]

This series contains the papers of Ann (Haley) Berman including a scrapbook compiled by Ann with a detailed map of New Brunswick on the cover. Newspaper and magazine clippings collected in the scrapbook concern significant New Brunswick places and landmarks, people, and events from the 1940s. Some notable cut-outs include articles on Dochet, or St. Croix, Island, fires in St. George including a two-storey wooden frame 1800's house, customs officers at Upper Mills, lighthouse and fog stations in the Bay of Fundy and their keepers, the Home and School Association on Campobello, fishing in Blacks Harbour and other areas of the Bay of Fundy, and mysterious moose carcass near St. George. The scrapbook also contains clippings on the city of Saint John’s history, some of New Brunswick’s earliest settlers, famous families and individuals such as Lord Beaverbrook or Charles Saint Etienne de La Tour, New Brunswick hospitals and the Red Cross, hunting and fishing, and global events like post World War II talks between Britain, the U. S. and Russia.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League Minutes and Reports

  • CA CCA MC 866
  • Collection
  • 1943-1999

This collection contains books and loose documents related to the St. Andrews branch of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. These items contain financial information on the day to day activities of this group, as well as meeting minutes and annual reports, all of which provide a detailed look at the activities this branch organization has undertaken over the years. Also included are documents related to C. W. L. anniversary events.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League

Jackie Gibson Collection

  • CA CCA 693
  • Collection
  • 1890 - 2003

This collection contains correspondences, documents, photos, and other types of material related to Joseph and Effie Gibson and their descendants. Most of the correspondence in this collection concerns Joe Gibson, a Royal Canadian Air Force pilot and oldest son of Joseph and Effie Gibson. Many photos of him and his crewmates, his letters home from overseas, as well as his schoolwork and notes from leaning how to fly an aircraft are also included in this collection. Several items which concern the affairs of John Gibson, Joe Gibson’s younger brother, can be found in this collection. These include correspondences and legal documents related to the estate of Charlotte Gibson, his sister, as well as an agreement between John Gibson and the Canada Railroad Company concerning interest and his land. Most of the personal items and published material in this collection belonged to John Gibson as well, these include publications related to his position as a volunteer firefighter, reports of organizations he belonged to, maps of the Town of St. Andrews, notes related to his work as a stonemason, and other items.

Gibson Family

Ministers Island

  • CA CCA MC 934
  • Collection
  • 1912-2022

This fonds contains material related to the history of Ministers Island. It includes a transcription of an interview with Wade Veinotte, who used to work on the island, as well as reports, feasibility studies, and development plans related to proposals to turn Ministers Island into a Provincial Park or other cultural resource, essays on the history of the island or the Van Horne family, photocopies of historic publications on the Van Horne family property and Sir William Van Horne, a booklet for an exhibition of paintings by Cathy Ross of artifacts belonging to the Van Horne family on Ministers Island, and transcriptions of original legal documents and correspondence related to the first European occupants of Ministers Island, John Hanson and his family.

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

Telegraph-Journal

  • CA CCA MC 876
  • Collection
  • 2001-2010

This collection contains newspaper clippings from the Telegraph-Journal, a Saint John based newspaper, which are related to Charlotte County. Topics of these articles can include local news, tourism, historic buildings, genealogy, and politics.

Telegraph-Journal