Showing 8 results

Archival description
St. Andrews Collection Buildings and structures
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Christopher Scott Collection

  • CA CCA MC 881
  • Collection
  • January 5 1829

This collection contains a land grant request from Christopher Scott, a wealthy and influential member of the community of St. Andrews, New Brunswick from the early 19th century.

Scott, Christopher

Jackie Gibson Collection

  • CA CCA 693
  • Collection
  • 1890 - 2003

This collection contains correspondences, documents, photos, and other types of material related to Joseph and Effie Gibson and their descendants. Most of the correspondence in this collection concerns Joe Gibson, a Royal Canadian Air Force pilot and oldest son of Joseph and Effie Gibson. Many photos of him and his crewmates, his letters home from overseas, as well as his schoolwork and notes from leaning how to fly an aircraft are also included in this collection. Several items which concern the affairs of John Gibson, Joe Gibson’s younger brother, can be found in this collection. These include correspondences and legal documents related to the estate of Charlotte Gibson, his sister, as well as an agreement between John Gibson and the Canada Railroad Company concerning interest and his land. Most of the personal items and published material in this collection belonged to John Gibson as well, these include publications related to his position as a volunteer firefighter, reports of organizations he belonged to, maps of the Town of St. Andrews, notes related to his work as a stonemason, and other items.

Gibson Family

St. Croix Courier Clippings

  • CA CCA MC 263
  • Collection
  • 1897-2016

This collection contains clippings and photocopies of articles from a local Charlotte County newspaper called the St. Croix Courier. The topics of these articles can include events from local Charlotte County history, special ceremonies or meetings, important places, obituaries and death notices, and news. Some standout articles include a souvenir album on the visit of Prince Charles and Princess Diana to St. Andrews, articles on how the Queen's Jubilee was celebrated in St. Stephen, and an article on people from Charlotte County who moved to California for the Gold Rush. There is also a document on the history of this newspaper.

St. Croix Courier

Ministers Island

  • CA CCA MC 934
  • Collection
  • 1912-1995

This fonds contains material related to the history of Ministers Island. It includes a transcription of an interview with Wade Veinotte, who used to work on the island, as well as reports, feasibility studies, and development plans related to proposals to turn Ministers Island into a Provincial Park or other cultural resource, essays on the history of the island or the Van Horne family, photocopies of historic publications on the Van Horne family property and Sir William Van Horne, and transcriptions of original legal documents and correspondence related to the first European occupants of Ministers Island, John Hanson and his family.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League Minutes and Reports

  • CA CCA MC 866
  • Collection
  • 1943-1999

This collection contains books and loose documents related to the St. Andrews branch of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. These items contain financial information on the day to day activities of this group, as well as meeting minutes and annual reports, all of which provide a detailed look at the activities this branch organization has undertaken over the years. Also included are documents related to C. W. L. anniversary events.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

Telegraph-Journal

  • CA CCA MC 876
  • Collection
  • 2001-2010

This collection contains newspaper clippings from the Telegraph-Journal, a Saint John based newspaper, which are related to Charlotte County. Topics of these articles can include local news, tourism, historic buildings, genealogy, and politics.

Telegraph-Journal