Showing 7 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions St. Andrews Religions
Print preview View:

All Saints Church (St. Andrews : Anglican) fonds : [1803-1953]

  • CA PANB MC219
  • Fonds
  • 1803-1953, 1970

This fonds consists of both original paper records and microfilm copies. It documents the management of the land owned by the parish and other business affairs of All Saints Church, St. Andrews. The church was granted a large glebe, including land in the town, forest and on the waterfront. The documents consist of bonds, leases, assignments, licences of occupation, memos of sale, notes and mortgages. There is also some business correspondence dating from the first half of the twentieth century. A microfilm of the vital statistics records of the parish (baptisms, marriages and burials), dating from 1787-1961, is also included.

All Saints Church (St. Andrews, N.B.)

Charles Smith Collection

  • CA CCA 556
  • Fonds
  • 1789-1990

This collection contains documents belonging to Reverend Charles M. Smith of Rollingdam, New Brunswick, including both documents related to his research projects into local history as well as his duties as a Reverend. Documents related to these duties include marriage records for marriages performed by Charles Smith, and his notes and drafts for eulogies that were done at funeral services. Documents related to Charles Smith’s research projects include hand drawn and printed maps and drawings, published material and primary documents used by Charles Smith to support his research, and notes on church history, roadwork and early travel, local history, Charlotte County schools, and genealogical data. Also included are St. Croix Courier articles and essays written by Charles Smith, as well as the drafts for those items, and his correspondences, which include letters containing information related to his research and more personal letters.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League Minutes and Reports

  • CA CCA MC 866
  • Collection
  • 1943-1999

This collection contains books and loose documents related to the St. Andrews branch of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. These items contain financial information on the day to day activities of this group, as well as meeting minutes and annual reports, all of which provide a detailed look at the activities this branch organization has undertaken over the years. Also included are documents related to C. W. L. anniversary events.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League

Jeffrey Holmes Collection

  • CA CCA MC 977
  • Fonds
  • 1919 - 1984

This collection contains programs and material for events at the Algonquin Hotel and St. Andrews Arena, a doctor's note for members of the Caughey family, prayer documents, and a patch for a NASA space shuttle mission.

Kirk McColl United Church (St. Stephen) fonds : [1794-1988]

  • CA PANB MC256
  • Fonds
  • Microfilmed 1981 and 1991

The fonds consists of the records of Kirk-McColl United Church and both the founding churches. It includes registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, membership rolls and communicants' registers. There are minutes and financial records of the governing bodies of both churches. There are records of various church youth groups including the Young People's Society and C.G.I.T. (Canadian Girls in Training) and of women's groups including detailed records of a needle craft group, 1949-1989, United Church Women, Women's Missionary Society and Utopia Guild. There are photo directories and photographs of the church and some correspondence, especially about the rebuilding of the church in 1981. There is also a group of historical records which includes personal papers of Duncan McColl.

Kirk McColl United Church (St. Stephen, N.B.)

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

United Church

  • CA CCA MC 282
  • Fonds
  • 1910-2003

This fonds contains material related to the history and administration of the United Churches in Charlotte County. Most of the material concerns the Wesley United Church in St. Andrews, but there are also documents on the Leonardville United Church, Grand Manan Methodist Church, Bocabec United Church, Kirk-McColl United Church, St. Stephen Presbytery, and the United Church Women in St. Andrews.

Wesley United Church