Showing 30 results

Archival description
St. Andrews Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

View of the Town and Harbour of St Andrews NB. America Taken from Navy Island

  • CA CCA MC 831
  • Collection
  • 19th century

Lithograph by John Kelly of the town and harbour of St. Andrews, viewed from Navy Island. Notes points of interest, including Watts’ Wharf, Raits’ Wharf, Roman Catholic Church, Wilson’s Wharf, Fort Tipperary, Greenock Presbyterian Church, Church of England, Market Wharf, Chamcook Mountain, Market Square and Town Hall, Steamboat Wharf, Old Steam Saw Mill. On the reverse, there is a sketch of the military land at the East Block House Saint Andrews NB, surveyed by William Mahood 1867.

Kelly, John

Pagan Point Nature Preserve

  • CA CCA MC 868
  • Collection
  • 2006-2007

This collection contains a flyer and articles related to the opening of Pagan Point Nature Preserve in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. A popular area for walks located on the south-eastern shore of St. Andrews which looks out over the Passamaquoddy Bay, it contains a wooded area, a salt marsh, and a sandy beach. In the year 2000 the land was sold for development, but the new owners separated a portion of the land for residential use and donated 30 acres to the Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc. Pagan Point is notable for the ecological significance of its salt marshes, as well as for archaeological findings related to the Passamaquoddy Tribe, for which the area is also designated a Provincial Historic Site.

The Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc.

Telegraph-Journal

  • CA CCA MC 876
  • Collection
  • 2001-2010

This collection contains newspaper clippings from the Telegraph-Journal, a Saint John based newspaper, which are related to Charlotte County. Topics of these articles can include local news, tourism, historic buildings, genealogy, and politics.

Telegraph-Journal

Charlotte County Essays

  • CA CCA MC 873
  • Collection
  • 1993

This collection contains a pair of essays whose topics are related to Charlotte County. The first is titled “Cultural Life of Charlotte County: Presentation to Heritage Canada” by Margaret Ray Peterson, which discusses the culture of Charlotte County and how it can still be seen today. The second essay is titled “The National Policy and the Industrialization of the Maritimes, 1880-1910” by T.W. Acheson, which discusses an economic transition which occurred in the Maritimes during the late 1800s.

St. Andrews Arts Council

  • CA CCA MC 870
  • Collection
  • 1982-1992

Includes promotional documents on events being put on by the St. Andrews Arts Council, as well as documents related to the affairs of the Arts Council itself. These include documents on the aims and goals of the group and legal and financial affairs, as well as meeting minutes, which discuss financials, membership, proposals for events, scholarships, reports, and other affairs. Also included are correspondences and documents related to the group’s plan to establish a center for the performing arts in St. Andrews.

St. Andrews Arts Council

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

Bocabec Presbyterian Church

  • CA CCA MC212
  • Collection
  • 1946 - 1978

The collection contains a typed history of the Presbyterian Church in Bocabec ; a copy of the Charlotte County Historical Society Contribution No. 64 that was published in the St Croix Courier 21 October 1978 ; an edited version of the typed history both written by Edith M. McMillan ; a floor plan of pews with names ; newspaper clipping "Memorable Day at Bocabec Church" 1946 ; newspaper clipping "Dedicated Lights Bocabec Church" August 2, 1959 ; copy of newspaper clipping "Local Presbyterians have long history" Courier Weekend 21 October 1978 ; letter: Annie Holt to Edith McMillan, 24 February 1972 letter ; Bocabec churches map by Craig Walsh, 3 July 1993

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League Minutes and Reports

  • CA CCA MC 866
  • Collection
  • 1943-1999

This collection contains books and loose documents related to the St. Andrews branch of the Catholic Women’s League of Canada. These items contain financial information on the day to day activities of this group, as well as meeting minutes and annual reports, all of which provide a detailed look at the activities this branch organization has undertaken over the years. Also included are documents related to C. W. L. anniversary events.

Church of St. Andrew Catholic Women's League

Ministers Island

  • CA CCA MC 934
  • Collection
  • 1912-1995

This fonds contains material related to the history of Ministers Island. It includes a transcription of an interview with Wade Veinotte, who used to work on the island, as well as reports, feasibility studies, and development plans related to proposals to turn Ministers Island into a Provincial Park or other cultural resource, essays on the history of the island or the Van Horne family, photocopies of historic publications on the Van Horne family property and Sir William Van Horne, and transcriptions of original legal documents and correspondence related to the first European occupants of Ministers Island, John Hanson and his family.

Results 1 to 10 of 30