This collection contains the records of Night School courses held on Grand Manan in the 1960's and then again in the 1980's. From the 1960's, there are large index cards from Evening Vocational Schools of New Brunswick detailing classes, students and attendance, and curriculum taught. Poster advertising Night Classes - 1987, 1989, news clipping the Welding Course attendees, 1987.
File contents: Night School records 1961 - 67, 1969, large index cards from Evening Vocational Schools of New Brunswick detailing classes, students and attendance, and curriculum taught. Poster advertising Night Classes - 1987, 1989, news clipping the Welding Course attendees, 1987.
A slip of paper advertising William Shakespeare's "As You Like It" directed by Andrew Garrod at Saint Johns High School Auditorium at 8:00 pm. Ticket prices were advertised as $3.00 and students $2.00.
An invitation to attend a free exhibition of the International Correspondence Schools held at P.G Hanson's store, St. Andrews. Date: July 23rd-27th, 1904. The invitation states that the exhibition will feature works from 2,000 students across New Brunswick and lessons featured in French, Spanish and German via phonograph. The invitation states that attendees have the opportunity to win a free trip to St. Louis or $30.00 in cash. The inside of the invitation features a series of questions concerning the readers occupation and salary and an insert featuring all of the programs offered by the International Correspondence School, located in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
Fonds relates to the commercial life of Burwash Robinson in Middle Sackville, New Brunswick. Fonds consists of Burwash Robinson’s receipt booklet dated to the 1940’s, a copy of a photograph of what is believed to be Burwash Robinson’s Tannery taken in the 1960’s (and copied in 2010), and two photographs of Burwash Robinson’s General Store likely taken between 1997-2003, long after it was closed (to the right of Burwash Robinson’s General Store is the Smith Home and to the right of that is Black’s General Store). (19/14, PB1.257-259)
Two maps of Hampton around the turn of the twentieth century. The first map details the route along the Kennebecasis river where the green bridge stands today. The second map details the area around the Kings County court house. These maps were created by T. William Barnes.
This book covers the history of Loon Bay Lodge, a hunting and fishing retreat located along the St. Croix River owned by George and Jean Welock. Most of this history is written from the perspective of one of their daughters, Jane (Welock) Garnett, and concerns growing up at Loon Bay Lodge. Sections of this book are also dedicated to the history of the land the lodge is situated on, the period of time the lodge was owned by its original creator Richard Crooks, and notable celebrity guests that have visited over the years.