This Bible was published in Philadelphia in 1872 and was acquired by the Howes, possibly after the death of their son William Alexander in 1873. It contains genealogical information on members of the Howe, Boyd, and Sansom families, specifically dates of births, deaths, and marriages. The first entry was dated 1862, and the last, 1965.
This fonds consists of family, business and personal records and a number of appeals to the Assessment Appeals Tribunal. Mary Ellen Mooney's records include detailed invoices and receipts, mostly for the maintenance of 112 Queen Street, Saint John, the house in which she lived and rented apartments. There are also some correspondence, invoices and bills of lading for gravel and stone bought from the Mooney Quarries, 1957-1961. There are working papers and estimates from E. Mooney Construction, 1957 and 4 blue prints for the New Brunswick Electric Power Commission building in Fredericton, 1959.
Among the personal papers are receipts belonging to Claire Mooney and some records belonging to Leon Mooney. The records of the Assessment Appeals Tribunal are copies of appeals from York, Charlotte, Northumberland, Kent, Restigouche and Gloucester counties filed in 1967 with notes attached. They appear to be the copies used by one of the members of the Tribunal during the hearings.
The fonds consists primarily of the records of Henry Frost, Sr. It contains a leather-bound account book which records Henry Frost's general income and expenditures, and includes many payments for "schooling" of individual children and for repairing and making shoes in connection with his shoemaking business,1803-1804 and 1810-1815. The volume was used as a scrapbook in the latter part of the 19th century and contains press clippings.
There is also a listing of accounts of the executor of the Barnes estate, 1777-1791. It appears that Sarah Schofield Frost was related to the Barnes family. A few notes pertaining to the Frost family genealogy, compiled in the 20th century, are also included. Two tin type portraits of Henry and Samuel Frost have been copied and filed in the Photographic Section.
This fonds consists of a photocopy and a transcription of a diary written by George Currier, probably in 1850. It is a small pocket diary of the type designed for recording appointments and gives very brief notes of his social activities, the news of the day and his medical activities. Also included are notes on George Currier's life.
This fonds consists of a single item -- account ledger D -- which contains individual itemized accounts for customers of Joseph Porter's general store at St. Stephen, New Brunswick. The accounts record customer's purchases and payments received.
This printed list includes the name of the vessel, its rig, its registered tonnage, where it was built, when it was built, name and address of registered owner or managing or principal owner, and a column for remarks
There are handwritten notations of new ships, vessels lost, and records of crossings, from 1867-1887.
This fonds consists of business records for the stairbuilding business established by E. V. Wetmore in Saint John in the 1870s. It consists of a time book (1935-1938) that records the names of employees, the number of hours worked, and the wages paid; an account ledger (1930-1945) that records the names of the customers, their place of residence, the amount charged, and the method of payment (cash, cheque, contra account, note); and an 1892 catalogue for E. V. Wetmore & Sons. A pamphlet on curling and a programme for a dinner in honour of the 1938 Scottish curling team are also included.
Two photographs, one each of a group of men attending the 1930 Canadian Construction Association conference (Wetmore was president of the Saint John branch) and of a group of men in a school (ca. 1914), were transferred to the Photographic Section.
(1)Thomas Elms, innkeeper, of Saint John, N.B. and his wife Mary, 100 acres of land at Gagetown to Gilbert Pugsley, innkeeper, 8 March 1790; (2) William Peters and his wife, property on Carleton Street, in Fredericton, N.B. to Charles D. Everett and John H. Peters, 11 July 1826; and (3) Charles D. Everett, same property on Carleton Street, in Fredericton, N. B. to Thomas W. Peters, 7 March 1842.
This collection contains a very small number of letters, accounts, receipts, and legal documents pertaining primarily to the James Jardine and Simon Graham familes of Kent County. Of particular interest are a copy of Simon Graham's protest sworn before the His Majesty's Vice-Consul in Lima and Callas (1834) regarding the imprisonment and return of sailors; a Russian-Japanese War map; James Gordon's certificate of competency as master in the merchant service (1869), and an accepting offer signed by James Jardine for the conveyance of Her Majesty's Mails between Kingston [now known as Rexton], Jardineville, and Richibucto Village (1899). There are also a few deeds relating to Mazy Plume.
This fonds consists of a single item -- a minute book containing minutes of meetings of the St. Marys Water and Fire Department and of its successor, the Devon Fire Department. The bye-laws of St. Marys Water and Fire Department are included with the minutes.