Showing 171 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Charlotte County Archives
Print preview View:

Zibah Pope Fonds

  • Fonds

Transcribed copy of Zibah Pope's diary 1812-16 ; 5 pp of the Free Baptist Cyclopaedia Historical and Biographical 1889

Worrell Family Fonds

  • CA CCA MC120
  • Fonds
  • 1879 - 1888

Autograph album;Dr. J.F. Worrell scrapbooks, St. Andrews (1938 -1950); Grade 10 and 11 certificates from Charlotte County Grammar School, St. Andrews (1890 - 1892)

Worrell family

Women's Institute Charlotte County District Convention

  • CA CCA MC620
  • Fonds
  • 1963-1973

This fonds consists of the Minutes of the Charlotte County District # 10 Women’s Institute, 1929 – 1977, and a history of the Mayfield Women's Institute from 1963 - 1973. The minute books usually contain some financial and membership information.

Mayfield Women's Institute

William Deming Fond

  • CA CCA MC17
  • File
  • 1834-1858

Three papers from the estate of William Deming, Calais Me, 1834-58. Includes a brewery receipt from 1858, a court summons from 1839 and bill of exchange from 1834. Papers are from William Deming Sr and William Deming Jr. Charlotte County Archives holds copyright.

Willa Walker fonds

  • CA CCA MC108
  • Fonds
  • ~1989

Early 1900's Algonquin brochure; article about the history of the Greenock Church Memorial Hall written by Willa Walker; "The first Telephone in St. Andrews" article written by Willa Walker;Index cards kept while working on her books "No Hay Fever and Railway"(now entitled 'A Summer in St. Andrews');
'Dayspring and the Dunns"; various documents regarding the history of the town.

Walter Williamson fonds

  • CA CCA MC606
  • Fonds
  • 1945

Charlie Akagi on cover of 'The 8th Hussar' / published weekly by the 8th Princess Louise (NB) Hussars. Vol. 1 No. 9, Groningen, Holland -- 20th Oct. 1945.Charlie was referred to as "Charlie Motorcycle" - real name Charlie Matuski Akagi.

Willaimson, Walter

Walter Williamson fonds

  • CA CCA MC606
  • Item
  • 1951

J30 St. Andrews - Chamcook - Bayside, Lands and Mines, 1951. Map of St. Andrews from aerial photographs.

W.C. O'Neill family fonds

  • CA CCA MC554
  • Fonds
  • 1857-1970

Includes: Address presented to William O'Neill, Esquire, Secretary of the St. Andrews Amateur Athletic Association signed by 41 male members of the community on the Occasion of their fourth annual banquet held in "Pat's Café" on February 27th, 1930; a letter from Helen Reid in New York (1949) re lobsters sent.
Includes: 1 yellow binder containing family interviews, 3 booklets advertising Algonquin hotel, 1 memorandum May 15 1872 between Michael Clark & Edward Pheasant both of St Andrews ref mortgage, Beacon publishing company folder incorporation & its subscribers 1920, letter from Alphonsus B O'Neil to W D Foster Nov 26 1903, second annual report director of technical education for Canada 1921, barristers society of NB September 1931, 1880 journal used as scrapbook contains Shiretown news paper cuttings from Nov 23 1950- March 1951, souvenir of st Andrews 1896, booklet "Natural winter port of Canada 1890", 3 ring binder scrapbook "Story of St Andrews Arena with Bill O'Neil 1923-1970", 1 black zipped binder contains bills correspondences newspaper cuttings, border cities souvenir 1908 2 pages or more missing from back, The story of the Fighting 26th, St Andrews School System staff handbook 1965-1966, bronze plate of cardinal or pope on block of wood, black ledger type book "St Andrews College students night Deceber 30 1927", turquoise coloured day book used as a scrap book contains newspaper cuttings & players certificate for J A O'Neil, Seth Parkers scrapbook given to Miss O'Neill Aug 14 1958, model drawing book, maroon alphabet book, Cities of Canada book 1953, "One World" magazine dated 1943, Canadian Homes & garden magazine October 1940, 4 Christmas Cards, 1 large maroon coloured scrapbook contains advents from 1951 to 1968, 3 copies of "The Ice Fantasies of 1954, 10 copies of 'The Princess of the Ice" Barbara Ann Scott St Andrews Arena March 17 & 18 1949, St Andrews old home program Aug 1947, notice of burial of William Little & William O'Neil from [The Daily Sun] St john dated Aug 16 1900, Funeral of Dr Frank O'Neill from [The Sun] may 17 1934, 1 small cutting date & source unknown "Death of A. B O'Neill. Small Thank You card from Mrs Babara Anne King to Mr Wood. Town Of St Andrews report for 1926. Letter dated Oct 1966 To Harry & Mrs Ohagan from Most Rev W M Duke Titular Archbishop of Seleuvcia. Letter from Associated Docks Ltd Saint John dared 13 December 1932, to Mr. H O'Neil ref on information on location for building meduim deep water discharging dock. Letter from H Mowatt dated 16 dec 1932 To Mr N O'Neil, attached 3 pages by Captain Mowatt opinion the approach to the Port of Croix, via Head Harbour, Passamaquoddy Bay & St Croix River, ends report with "I consider St Croix and Passamaquoddy bay equal to any other in the world for a great national port". 5 Page letter from the Cumberland railway Corporation Nova Scotia 8 Aug 1893 to W Foster ref discharge of coal in St Andrews. Various household receipts from Mrs A B O'Neill. 3 page list of extracts from Index Charlotte County Records Justice of Charlotte, date unknown. Document dated 11 Aug 1888 signed by Harry & Georgie Gore, signed in the presence of Henry Smith JP. Letter from John Boltry to Edward Wilson ESQ dated 28 Sept 1857. letter from the Geo O Gustin Fruit & Produce 17 March 1933 to A B O'Neil. Hand drawn sketch of roads in Sturgis South Dakota. Letter from Foreign Exchange Control Board Dec 6 1948. 1/2 page of Tariffs and trade restrictions From Great Britain date unknown. Letter from Alexander & Towle @ The Owen Campobello Island dated 27 may 1901. letter To the Inspector of schools 01 Oct 1898 from Mr Brodie; also letter from M S Carter Oak Bay attached. Letter from Commercial National Bank 20 June 1928 to Mr A B O'Neil. Letter from the Bradley Fertilizer Company 10 July 1893 To W D Forster. Details from the Dept of National Revenue dated 20 May 1938 To Mr A B O'Neill attached is list of Prohibited Publications & 1 letter from the Holy Name Society. List of HouseHolders in St Andrews date unknown. Various O'Neill Business records. Various Newspaper clippings including 24 May 1918 Flash back. 12 pages copies of the History Behind the Charlotte Grammar School.

O'Neill, W.C.

Voter's List - Polling Sub-division No. 17 in the Parish of St. Patrick in the County of Charlotte

  • CA CCA MC604
  • Item
  • 1925

Voter's list - Polling Sub-Division No. 17 in the Parish of St. Patrick in the County of Charlotte, N.B. for the year 1925

In 1785, as part of the formation of the new province of New Brunswick, Charlotte County was established as one of the original counties. Seven original parishes were created and set off in 1786 but they did not include all the lands assigned to the County. In 1814 it extended north to the County line and took in Dumbarton. Its communities are Bethel, Bocabec, Bocabec Cove, Digdeguash, Dumbarton, Elmsville, Johnson Settlement, Kerrs Ridge and McMinn.

The act of voting is one of the key elements of a democracy and a fundamental rights of citizens. It is the principle means by which Canadians participate in choosing their representatives and governments at the federal, provincial, territorial and municipal levels.

View of the Town and Harbour of St Andrews NB. America Taken from Navy Island

  • CA CCA MC 831
  • Collection
  • 19th century

Lithograph by John Kelly of the town and harbour of St. Andrews, viewed from Navy Island. Notes points of interest, including Watts’ Wharf, Raits’ Wharf, Roman Catholic Church, Wilson’s Wharf, Fort Tipperary, Greenock Presbyterian Church, Church of England, Market Wharf, Chamcook Mountain, Market Square and Town Hall, Steamboat Wharf, Old Steam Saw Mill. On the reverse, there is a sketch of the military land at the East Block House Saint Andrews NB, surveyed by William Mahood 1867.

John Kelly

Results 1 to 10 of 171