Showing 62 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions Charlotte County Archives Provinces and Territories (Canada)
Print preview View:

Anglican Parish of St. Andrews fonds

  • CA CCA MC617
  • Fonds
  • 1788-present

Copies made of Anglican Church records for Charlotte County at PANB. Copies include: Licence of occupation to the Corporation of Saint Andrews Church to parts of St. Andrews Island; several deeds of consecration including; All Saints Church 1867, St. Andrews Rural Cemetery 1867 & 1886; Churchyard, St. Andrews; Christ Church St. Stephen 1864; 2nd St. Peter's Church 1948, Milltown; St. Stephen Rural Cemetery 1860; St. David's Church Oak Bay 1856; St. David's Church, Bay Rd. 1886; Church of the Ascension, Tower Hill 1889; Letter re Canon Ketchum's health 1901; deed to St. David's Church; Record Book, Christ Church, St. Stephen, NB; Deed form William Garcelon to St. David Church and cemetery, 1854.

All Saints Anglican Church

Census of Northern and Southern Grand Manan, 1821

  • CA CCA MC22
  • Item
  • 1821

Census information showing names of male and female residents, including children over 16 and children under 16, and indicating the numbers of oxen, cows, sheep and hogs owned. Document is part of the House of Assembly papers. A transcript of this is to be found on page 27 volume 1 of "Sands of Time" published by the Grand Manan Genealogical Society 1980.

Biography of Rev. Duncan McColl

  • CA CCA MC23
  • Item
  • 1964

A biography of the Rev. Duncan McColl by Rev. J. Austin Jardine, St. Stephen, May 12, 1964.

Jardine, Rev. J. Austin

St. Andrews Fire Department fonds

  • CA CCA MC25
  • Collection
  • 1853-1988

By laws include 16 pages of articles relative to company's rules as recorded in 1857
Transcribed records of St Andrews Fire Department. Included are the names of firemen from 1853-1988 and other information.
Ledgers contain Roll Book of No 2 Fire Company from 2 May 1898 to 25 December 1939 ; letters and daily notes from10 October 1887 to 16 August 1900. Hand written history covers period 1853 - 1988; including names of firepersons, vehicles, and general notes. Cancelled cheques, cheque stubs and bank statements for 1973.

St. Andrews Library Fonds

  • CA CCA MC26
  • Item
  • 1820 - 1858

3 books from the first St Andrews Library. Lady of the Lake by Sir Walter Scott; An Apology for the Bible by Rev. Richard Watson; An Autumn near the Rhine.

Girl Guides, Brownies & Rangers Passamaquoddy Division

  • CA CCA MC571
  • Collection
  • 1931 - 1993

This collection consists of various items produced by the Girl Guides, Rangers and Brownies of the Passamaquoddy Division based in the Charlotte County Area. Items include (but are not limited to) membership records, annual reports, handbooks, cook book, accounts and ledgers, minutes of meetings, photographs, postcards, documents regarding various camping excursions, correspondence, pamphlets, speeches, invitations, and news articles.

Girl Guides, Brownies and Rangers Passamaquoddy Division

Arden House Hotel

  • CA CCA MC1
  • Item
  • 1900

This item provides information about the Arden House Hotel in St. George. C. Hazen McGee was the proprietor. The Hotel was situated at the mouth of Magaguadavic River along side the famous Falls. It identifies St. George as the home of the Red Granite Industry. There are railway connections via Shore Line and C. P. R. It is noted that it is a good area for fishing and hunting. The Hotel offers "First Class Livery."

David Ludlow Fonds

  • CA CCA MC7
  • Fonds
  • 1858 - 1873

Collection consists of 5 papers representing sale of church pew 1859 ; sale of land - Wilson's Beach 1873 ; copy of will of Davide Ludlow 1870 ; school tuition receipts 1866 and 1869 ; teacher's salary receipt 1858.

Ludlow, David

Log Book of Princess Royal

  • CA CCA MC20
  • Item
  • 10 March 1842 - 11 May 1843

Log Book of the Brig Princess Royal, built by William Allison Broderick at Parrsboro, N.S. in 1840. It was registered at the port of Halifax in January, 1941, James Ratchford and George Humphray, owners. Registerd at St. Andrews, July 1841 to Frederick A. Babcock, Thomas Turner, Robert Walton and Harris Hatch, John Rodgers, Harris Anderson Hatch, Daniel Smith Morrison (Gentlemen) , Richard Milton Andrews (Barrister at Law), John Stephen Jarvis, (sail maker), Henry ONeill and James Healy (Butchers), George McCullouch (Merchant), John Irwin (Pedler), James Clarke (Pilot), Samuel Getty and Charles Williams (grocers). Samuel McCurdy (School Master), James Burgess (Carpenter). Registry changed to Cork, 1847. It covers voyages to the West Indies and Liverpool.(March 10 1842 - May 11 1843.)

Results 1 to 10 of 62