- CA CCA MC15
- ? - 1910
Book of poems.
Buck, Walter M
Book of poems.
Buck, Walter M
A scrapbook containing genealogical research by J.C Hanson Jr. Mr. Hanson is a lawyer in Ottawa who visited St. Andrews in 1976 to research the history of the Hanson family of Bocabec. It includes direct lineage of a number of relations ; photocopies of newspaper articles relative to the Hanson family.
This personal account lists all those concerned in the trial and conviction of Hutchings for the murder of Bernice Connors near Black's Harbour, 7 June 1942. Both Hutchings and the trial were held in St. Andrews.George Goodeill wrote the account of the trial and the events leading up to it. Goodiell supposedly, disputes some of the information given in the book "Six for the Hangman". The item is also accompanied by newspaper clippings from September-December,1942.
Includes - 5 pages of genealogy; copy of deed; newspaper copy of letter to Robert Stevenson from his mother in Scotland; diary of Alexander Stevenson in combination with a record of pupils attending the school in Chamcook starts 1835.
Pro Pocket Guide The Algonquin Golf Course for 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1990, 2000; Fairmont Algonquin brochure 2004 including Golf Course inserts; CPR advertising booklet; Hotel Register 1895, booklet entitled "Audit Program for CPR Hotels"; floor plan of first Algonquin Hotel; correspondence
The Algonquin Resort
Copies made of Anglican Church records for Charlotte County at PANB. Copies include: Licence of occupation to the Corporation of Saint Andrews Church to parts of St. Andrews Island; several deeds of consecration including; All Saints Church 1867, St. Andrews Rural Cemetery 1867 & 1886; Churchyard, St. Andrews; Christ Church St. Stephen 1864; 2nd St. Peter's Church 1948, Milltown; St. Stephen Rural Cemetery 1860; St. David's Church Oak Bay 1856; St. David's Church, Bay Rd. 1886; Church of the Ascension, Tower Hill 1889; Letter re Canon Ketchum's health 1901; deed to St. David's Church; Record Book, Christ Church, St. Stephen, NB; Deed form William Garcelon to St. David Church and cemetery, 1854. Also included are a separate pair of newspaper articles on the Trinity Anglican Church at Maces Bay and the Christ Church Anglican in St. Stephen.
All Saints Anglican Church
This item is a scrapbook by Ann (Haley) Berman which has a detailed map of New Brunswick on the cover and contains cut-outs from newspapers and magazines. These cut-outs concern significant New Brunswick places and landmarks, people, and events from the 1940s. Some notable cut-outs include articles on Dochet, or St. Croix, Island, a story about a two-storey wooden frame house located in St. George that was believed to have been built in the early 1800s burning down, a story about the removal of customs officers from the bridge at Upper Mills New Brunswick which left the border with Maine unguarded, a story about the network of light and fog stations in the Bay of Fundy and their keepers, a meeting of the Home and School Association on Campobello, the state of fishing in Blacks Harbour and other areas of the Bay of Fundy, and an article about the appearance of a mysterious moose carcass with no obvious signs of death near St. George. Other cut-outs include stories from the city of Saint John’s history, some of New Brunswick’s earliest settlers, famous families and individuals such as Lord Beaverbrook or Charles Saint Etienne de La Tour, New Brunswick hospitals and the Red Cross, hunting and fishing, and global events like post World War II talks between Britain, the U. S. and Russia.
Book written by Rev I.C. Knowlton in 1875, it provides a history of the growth of both sides of the border. Gives information regarding the growth of different denomination of Churches. It includes chapters on the medical profession, shipping, smuggling, bridges, literature and cemeteries.
This item provides information about the Arden House Hotel in St. George. C. Hazen McGee was the proprietor. The Hotel was situated at the mouth of Magaguadavic River along side the famous Falls. It identifies St. George as the home of the Red Granite Industry. There are railway connections via Shore Line and C. P. R. It is noted that it is a good area for fishing and hunting. The Hotel offers "First Class Livery."
Clippings of early Maritimes history. Handwritten account of French capture of Jemseg, 1670 and 2 series of newspaper clippings by Archdeacon W.O. Raymond.