This collection was compiled by John Ullock and reflects his research interests. It consists of his histories of freemasonry on the Miramichi (photocopy) and of the Rankin-Hutchinson house (microfilm); photocopies of excerpts from books on the histories of Halifax and the railways; and a photocopy of Helen E. Anstiss's essay on Sir Samuel Cunard.
Also included are originals or photocopies and a microfilm copy of 3 issues of the monthly newspaper, "The Cariboo Courier" (March, May, and July, 1872), as well as a photocopy of the periodical, "The Blue Banner" (June 1925), published in the interests of church union in New Brunswick. There are also notes on the genealogy of the Ullock family and one lithograph each of two pen and ink sketches of buildings located near the corner of Water and George streets in Chatham.
Many of the photographs in the collection depict wharves located in New Brunswick communities, including Neguac, Lower Newcastle, Tabusintac, Mills Point, Loggieville, Oak Point, and Black Brook. There are also photos of the Chatham post office, of sailing ships, and of the beach at Richibucto. The photographs have been moved to the Photograph Section (P284).