Showing 47 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions St. Andrews
Print preview View:

Account of trial for murder, Thomas Hutchingson

  • CA CCA MC208
  • Item
  • 1942 - ?

This personal account lists all those concerned in the trial and conviction of Hutchings for the murder of Bernice Connors near Black's Harbour, 7 June 1942. Both Hutchings and the trial were held in St. Andrews.George Goodeill wrote the account of the trial and the events leading up to it. Goodiell supposedly, disputes some of the information given in the book "Six for the Hangman". The item is also accompanied by newspaper clippings from September-December,1942.

Goodeill, George

Recollection of the St. Andrews Brewery Well and Foundry

  • CA CCA MC119
  • Item
  • 1978 - ?

Describes wells and fire tanks near the Thompson home on Queen Street used before water was piped from Chamcook Lake. A second article describes the old foundry on Water Street.

Thompson, Bessie

Anglican Parish of St. Andrews fonds

  • CA CCA MC617
  • Fonds
  • 1788-present

Copies made of Anglican Church records for Charlotte County at PANB. Copies include: Licence of occupation to the Corporation of Saint Andrews Church to parts of St. Andrews Island; several deeds of consecration including; All Saints Church 1867, St. Andrews Rural Cemetery 1867 & 1886; Churchyard, St. Andrews; Christ Church St. Stephen 1864; 2nd St. Peter's Church 1948, Milltown; St. Stephen Rural Cemetery 1860; St. David's Church Oak Bay 1856; St. David's Church, Bay Rd. 1886; Church of the Ascension, Tower Hill 1889; Letter re Canon Ketchum's health 1901; deed to St. David's Church; Record Book, Christ Church, St. Stephen, NB; Deed form William Garcelon to St. David Church and cemetery, 1854.

All Saints Anglican Church

St. Andrews Fire Department fonds

  • CA CCA MC25
  • Collection
  • 1853-1988

By laws include 16 pages of articles relative to company's rules as recorded in 1857
Transcribed records of St Andrews Fire Department. Included are the names of firemen from 1853-1988 and other information.
Ledgers contain Roll Book of No 2 Fire Company from 2 May 1898 to 25 December 1939 ; letters and daily notes from10 October 1887 to 16 August 1900. Hand written history covers period 1853 - 1988; including names of firepersons, vehicles, and general notes. Cancelled cheques, cheque stubs and bank statements for 1973.

St. Andrews Library Fonds

  • CA CCA MC26
  • Item
  • 1820 - 1858

3 books from the first St Andrews Library. Lady of the Lake by Sir Walter Scott; An Apology for the Bible by Rev. Richard Watson; An Autumn near the Rhine.

Girl Guides, Brownies & Rangers Passamaquoddy Division

  • CA CCA MC571
  • Collection
  • 1931 - 1993

This collection consists of various items produced by the Girl Guides, Rangers and Brownies of the Passamaquoddy Division based in the Charlotte County Area. Items include (but are not limited to) membership records, annual reports, handbooks, cook book, accounts and ledgers, minutes of meetings, photographs, postcards, documents regarding various camping excursions, correspondence, pamphlets, speeches, invitations, and news articles.

Girl Guides, Brownies and Rangers Passamaquoddy Division

David Ludlow Fonds

  • CA CCA MC7
  • Fonds
  • 1858 - 1873

Collection consists of 5 papers representing sale of church pew 1859 ; sale of land - Wilson's Beach 1873 ; copy of will of Davide Ludlow 1870 ; school tuition receipts 1866 and 1869 ; teacher's salary receipt 1858.

Ludlow, David

Log Book of Princess Royal

  • CA CCA MC20
  • Item
  • 10 March 1842 - 11 May 1843

Log Book of the Brig Princess Royal, built by William Allison Broderick at Parrsboro, N.S. in 1840. It was registered at the port of Halifax in January, 1941, James Ratchford and George Humphray, owners. Registerd at St. Andrews, July 1841 to Frederick A. Babcock, Thomas Turner, Robert Walton and Harris Hatch, John Rodgers, Harris Anderson Hatch, Daniel Smith Morrison (Gentlemen) , Richard Milton Andrews (Barrister at Law), John Stephen Jarvis, (sail maker), Henry ONeill and James Healy (Butchers), George McCullouch (Merchant), John Irwin (Pedler), James Clarke (Pilot), Samuel Getty and Charles Williams (grocers). Samuel McCurdy (School Master), James Burgess (Carpenter). Registry changed to Cork, 1847. It covers voyages to the West Indies and Liverpool.(March 10 1842 - May 11 1843.)

All Saints Church (St. Andrews : Anglican)

  • CA PANB MC219
  • Fonds
  • 1803-1953, 1970

This fonds consists of both original paper records and microfilm copies. It documents the management of the land owned by the parish and other business affairs of All Saints Church, St. Andrews. The church was granted a large glebe, including land in the town, forest and on the waterfront. The documents consist of bonds, leases, assignments, licences of occupation, memos of sale, notes and mortgages. There is also some business correspondence dating from the first half of the twentieth century. A microfilm of the vital statistics records of the parish (baptisms, marriages and burials), dating from 1787-1961, is also included.

All Saints Church (St. Andrews, N.B.)

Kirk McColl United Church (St. Stephen)

  • CA PANB MC256
  • Fonds
  • Microfilmed 1981 and 1991

The fonds consists of the records of Kirk-McColl United Church and both the founding churches. It includes registers of baptisms, marriages and burials, membership rolls and communicants' registers. There are minutes and financial records of the governing bodies of both churches. There are records of various church youth groups including the Young People's Society and C.G.I.T. (Canadian Girls in Training) and of women's groups including detailed records of a needle craft group, 1949-1989, United Church Women, Women's Missionary Society and Utopia Guild. There are photo directories and photographs of the church and some correspondence, especially about the rebuilding of the church in 1981. There is also a group of historical records which includes personal papers of Duncan McColl.

Kirk McColl United Church (St. Stephen, N.B.)

Results 1 to 10 of 47