Showing 69 results

Archival description
Only top-level descriptions St. Andrews
Print preview View:

A Scrapbook of the History of the Hanson Family

  • CA CCA MC21A
  • Item
  • 1976

A scrapbook containing genealogical research by J.C Hanson Jr. Mr. Hanson is a lawyer in Ottawa who visited St. Andrews in 1976 to research the history of the Hanson family of Bocabec. It includes direct lineage of a number of relations ; photocopies of newspaper articles relative to the Hanson family.

Account of trial for murder, Thomas Hutchingson

  • CA CCA MC208
  • Item
  • 1942 - ?

This personal account lists all those concerned in the trial and conviction of Hutchings for the murder of Bernice Connors near Black's Harbour, 7 June 1942. Both Hutchings and the trial were held in St. Andrews.George Goodeill wrote the account of the trial and the events leading up to it. Goodiell supposedly, disputes some of the information given in the book "Six for the Hangman". The item is also accompanied by newspaper clippings from September-December,1942.

Goodeill, George

Algonquin Hotel fonds

  • CA CCA MC70
  • Fonds
  • 1899 - ?

Pro Pocket Guide The Algonquin Golf Course for 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1990, 2000; Fairmont Algonquin brochure 2004 including Golf Course inserts; CPR advertising booklet; Hotel Register 1895, booklet entitled "Audit Program for CPR Hotels"; floor plan of first Algonquin Hotel; correspondence

The Algonquin Resort

All Saints Church (St. Andrews : Anglican) fonds : [1803-1953]

  • CA PANB MC219
  • Fonds
  • 1803-1953, 1970

This fonds consists of both original paper records and microfilm copies. It documents the management of the land owned by the parish and other business affairs of All Saints Church, St. Andrews. The church was granted a large glebe, including land in the town, forest and on the waterfront. The documents consist of bonds, leases, assignments, licences of occupation, memos of sale, notes and mortgages. There is also some business correspondence dating from the first half of the twentieth century. A microfilm of the vital statistics records of the parish (baptisms, marriages and burials), dating from 1787-1961, is also included.

All Saints Church (St. Andrews, N.B.)

Anglican Parish of St. Andrews fonds

  • CA CCA MC617
  • Fonds
  • 1788-present

Copies made of Anglican Church records for Charlotte County at PANB. Copies include: Licence of occupation to the Corporation of Saint Andrews Church to parts of St. Andrews Island; several deeds of consecration including; All Saints Church 1867, St. Andrews Rural Cemetery 1867 & 1886; Churchyard, St. Andrews; Christ Church St. Stephen 1864; 2nd St. Peter's Church 1948, Milltown; St. Stephen Rural Cemetery 1860; St. David's Church Oak Bay 1856; St. David's Church, Bay Rd. 1886; Church of the Ascension, Tower Hill 1889; Letter re Canon Ketchum's health 1901; deed to St. David's Church; Record Book, Christ Church, St. Stephen, NB; Deed form William Garcelon to St. David Church and cemetery, 1854. Also included are a separate pair of newspaper articles on the Trinity Anglican Church at Maces Bay and the Christ Church Anglican in St. Stephen.

All Saints Anglican Church

Ann (Haley) Berman's New Brunswick Scrapbook

  • CA CCA MC 867
  • Item
  • [194-?]

This item is a scrapbook by Ann (Haley) Berman which has a detailed map of New Brunswick on the cover and contains cut-outs from newspapers and magazines. These cut-outs concern significant New Brunswick places and landmarks, people, and events from the 1940s. Some notable cut-outs include articles on Dochet, or St. Croix, Island, a story about a two-storey wooden frame house located in St. George that was believed to have been built in the early 1800s burning down, a story about the removal of customs officers from the bridge at Upper Mills New Brunswick which left the border with Maine unguarded, a story about the network of light and fog stations in the Bay of Fundy and their keepers, a meeting of the Home and School Association on Campobello, the state of fishing in Blacks Harbour and other areas of the Bay of Fundy, and an article about the appearance of a mysterious moose carcass with no obvious signs of death near St. George. Other cut-outs include stories from the city of Saint John’s history, some of New Brunswick’s earliest settlers, famous families and individuals such as Lord Beaverbrook or Charles Saint Etienne de La Tour, New Brunswick hospitals and the Red Cross, hunting and fishing, and global events like post World War II talks between Britain, the U. S. and Russia.

Bernard Libby Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 885
  • Fonds
  • April 5 1943

These fonds contain items related to Bernard Libby of Oak bay, including a settlement for an account with Chester Morrell.

Canadian Pacific Railway

  • CA CCA MC 869
  • Collection
  • 1848-1995

This collection contains correspondence, legal documents, and maps and estate plans related to a dispute between the Canadian Pacific Railway and various St. Andrews landowners during the 1990s. The dispute stems from concerns over the Canadian Pacific Railway's rights to portions of land belonging to these landowners for railway purposes. Spearheaded by James Davies, these landowners put forward a class action lawsuit arguing the C.P.R.'s right of way on this land had lapsed due to abandonment and that rights to this land should automatically revert to them. The C.P.R. had also put forward an offer to release their interest in this land in favor of the landowners.

Canadian Pacific Railway Company

Captain David Mowat

  • CA CCA MC 905
  • Fonds
  • n.d.

These fonds contain genealogical documents on the Mowat family of St. Andrews New Brunswick. These contain information on Captain David Mowat and his brother Captain John “Hurricane Jack” Mowat of Orkney Island, Scotland and their descendants.

Captain James McLeod Collection

  • CA CCA MC49
  • Collection
  • 1882 - 1888

Documents concerned with ships owned by this company possibly came from St. George as Capt. James McLeod came from there ; these include 2 letters to James McLeod offering him the position as ship's Captain for the Bark J. Walter Scammell ; ship's owners are Scammell Brothers, Ship Brokers and Commission Merchants with offices in Saint John, New Brunswick and New York ; Carvill, McKean & Co. commission Bark Maud Scammell with James McLeod as captain to ship goods from Saint John to Galway Ireland, dated 19 June 1982 - trip expected to take 12 days ; Carey, Yale & Lambert, freight brokers, chartered the Maud Scammell to sail direct from Charleston, South Carolina to Lliverpool England direct date- 6 November 1882 ; document form the Custom House District and Port of New York confirm that on July 21, 1883 James McLeod was captain of the Bark J Walter Scammell which would deliver 800 tons of Kentucky tobacco to Bordeaux France ; a Bill of Health from the United State government confirm that all 16 people aboard the J. Walter Scammel on July 26 1884 do not have the plague or any other dangerous or contagious disease ; Scammell Brothers charter party on November 18 1884 from New York to Dunkirk, France ; the Bark also sailed to Buenoas Ayres for the some of $60 gold dated November 6, 1887 ; final Charter is dated July 23, 1888 and directs ship from Amsterdaam to New York.

McLeod, James

Results 1 to 10 of 69