Affichage de 11 résultats

Description archivistique
Saint-Andrews Transportation and utilities
Options de recherche avancée
Aperçu avant impression Affichage :

Jackie Gibson Collection

  • CA CCA 693
  • Collection
  • 1890 - 2003

This collection contains correspondences, documents, photos, and other types of material related to Joseph and Effie Gibson and their descendants. Most of the correspondence in this collection concerns the oldest son of Joseph and Effie Gibson named Joe Gibson, who was a pilot with the Royal Canadian Air Force during the Second World War who went missing during a flight. Many photos of him and his crewmates, his letters home from overseas, as well as his schoolwork and notes from leaning how to fly an aircraft, are also included in this collection. Several items which concern the affairs of John Gibson, Joe Gibson’s younger brother, can be found in this collection. These include correspondences and legal documents related to the estate of Charlotte Gibson, his sister, as well as an agreement between John Gibson and the Canada Railroad Company concerning interest and his land. Most of the personal items and published material in this collection belonged to John Gibson as well, these include publications related to his position as a volunteer firefighter, reports of organizations he belonged to, maps of the Town of St. Andrews, notes related to his work as a stonemason, and other items.

Gibson Family

St. Croix Courier Clippings

  • CA CCA MC 263
  • Collection
  • 1920-2016

This collection contains clippings and photocopies of articles from a local Charlotte County newspaper called the St. Croix Courier. The topics of these articles can include events from local Charlotte County history, special ceremonies or meetings, important places, obituaries and death notices, and news. Some standout articles include a souvenir album on the visit of Prince Charles and Princess Diana to St. Andrews, and an article on people from Charlotte County who moved to California for the Gold Rush. There is also a document on the history of this newspaper.

St. Croix Courier

Ann (Haley) Berman's New Brunswick Scrapbook

  • CA CCA MC 867
  • Pièce
  • [194-?]

This item is a scrapbook by Ann (Haley) Berman which has a detailed map of New Brunswick on the cover and contains cut-outs from newspapers and magazines. These cut-outs concern significant New Brunswick places and landmarks, people, and events from the 1940s. Some notable cut-outs include articles on Dochet, or St. Croix, Island, a story about a two-storey wooden frame house located in St. George that was believed to have been built in the early 1800s burning down, a story about the removal of customs officers from the bridge at Upper Mills New Brunswick which left the border with Maine unguarded, a story about the network of light and fog stations in the Bay of Fundy and their keepers, a meeting of the Home and School Association on Campobello, the state of fishing in Blacks Harbour and other areas of the Bay of Fundy, and an article about the appearance of a mysterious moose carcass with no obvious signs of death near St. George. Other cut-outs include stories from the city of Saint John’s history, some of New Brunswick’s earliest settlers, famous families and individuals such as Lord Beaverbrook or Charles Saint Etienne de La Tour, New Brunswick hospitals and the Red Cross, hunting and fishing, and global events like post World War II talks between Britain, the U. S. and Russia.

Canadian Pacific Railway

  • CA CCA MC 869
  • Collection
  • 1848-1995

This collection contains correspondence, legal documents, and maps and estate plans related to a dispute between the Canadian Pacific Railway and various St. Andrews landowners during the 1990s. The dispute stems from concerns over the Canadian Pacific Railway's rights to portions of land belonging to these landowners for railway purposes. Spearheaded by James Davies, these landowners put forward a class action lawsuit arguing the C.P.R.'s right of way on this land had lapsed due to abandonment and that rights to this land should automatically revert to them. The C.P.R. had also put forward an offer to release their interest in this land in favor of the landowners.

Canadian Pacific Railway Company

Port of St. Andrews

  • CA CCA MC 907
  • Collection
  • ca. 1891

This collection contains items related to the port at St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a booklet advocating for the port's use as the main winter port in Canada.

Chandler Family Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 908
  • Fonds
  • ca. 1889

These fonds contain an obituary of Henry A. Chandler and an astronavigation textbook used by a member of the family.

Reverend John Fryer Petition

  • CA CCA MC16
  • Pièce
  • 1841

Consists of two petitions, one from John Fryer and One from James Curtain regarding the operation of ferries between Chitty's Cove and Joe's Point in St. Andrews and the American side (1841).

Log Book of Princess Royal

  • CA CCA MC20
  • Pièce
  • 10 March 1842 - 11 May 1843

Log Book of the Brig Princess Royal, built by William Allison Broderick at Parrsboro, N.S. in 1840. It was registered at the port of Halifax in January, 1941, James Ratchford and George Humphray, owners. Registerd at St. Andrews, July 1841 to Frederick A. Babcock, Thomas Turner, Robert Walton and Harris Hatch, John Rodgers, Harris Anderson Hatch, Daniel Smith Morrison (Gentlemen) , Richard Milton Andrews (Barrister at Law), John Stephen Jarvis, (sail maker), Henry ONeill and James Healy (Butchers), George McCullouch (Merchant), John Irwin (Pedler), James Clarke (Pilot), Samuel Getty and Charles Williams (grocers). Samuel McCurdy (School Master), James Burgess (Carpenter). Registry changed to Cork, 1847. It covers voyages to the West Indies and Liverpool.(March 10 1842 - May 11 1843.)

Captain James McLeod Collection

  • CA CCA MC49
  • Collection
  • 1882 - 1888

Documents concerned with ships owned by this company possibly came from St. George as Capt. James McLeod came from there ; these include 2 letters to James McLeod offering him the position as ship's Captain for the Bark J. Walter Scammell ; ship's owners are Scammell Brothers, Ship Brokers and Commission Merchants with offices in Saint John, New Brunswick and New York ; Carvill, McKean & Co. commission Bark Maud Scammell with James McLeod as captain to ship goods from Saint John to Galway Ireland, dated 19 June 1982 - trip expected to take 12 days ; Carey, Yale & Lambert, freight brokers, chartered the Maud Scammell to sail direct from Charleston, South Carolina to Lliverpool England direct date- 6 November 1882 ; document form the Custom House District and Port of New York confirm that on July 21, 1883 James McLeod was captain of the Bark J Walter Scammell which would deliver 800 tons of Kentucky tobacco to Bordeaux France ; a Bill of Health from the United State government confirm that all 16 people aboard the J. Walter Scammel on July 26 1884 do not have the plague or any other dangerous or contagious disease ; Scammell Brothers charter party on November 18 1884 from New York to Dunkirk, France ; the Bark also sailed to Buenoas Ayres for the some of $60 gold dated November 6, 1887 ; final Charter is dated July 23, 1888 and directs ship from Amsterdaam to New York.

McLeod, James

Résultats 1 à 10 sur 11