- CA MNBM ID148
- [1900 - 1936]
The fonds consists of historical and biographical notes and manuscripts, correspondence, and printed material. The notes focus on the early history and settlers in Westmorland and Albert counties. There are biographical notes of the first English speaking settlers in Salisbury parish, including the Babcock, Beck, Blakeney, Eagles, Chapman, and other families.
Humphreys' correspondence with W. F. Ganong, 1927-1928, and 1929-1936, primarily discusses nomenclature of places in New Brunswick, mostly Westmorland and Albert Counties. There is an unpublished manuscript of ""History of the Petitcodiac"" by J.E. Humphreys which includes an index of major topics. A copy of an unfinished manuscript titled, "The History of Albert County" by W.C. Milner is included along with the author's notes. This work was published by the New Brunswick Museum in 1989.
There are also some publications written by W.F. Ganong, 1900-1928, dealing with the nomenclature of places and the origins of the boundaries of New Brunswick.
Humphreys, James Edward