The Victoria Public Hospital collection consists of two groups of records. The first group, donated by the hospital administrator, includes correspondence, 1887, 1921-1949; annual reports, 1905-1934; financial and statistical reports and other financial records. There are minutes of medical staff meetings and registers of physicians, trustees, and distinguished visitors. Of particular interest is a photocopy of a letter, dated 3 Feburary 1887, from Bishop John Medley to Lady Tilley regarding the proposed establishment of a hospital at Fredericton. The records of construction at the hospital, 1925-1926, include photographs which have been transferred to the Archives' Photographic Section (P2/0273) and plans, which have been deposited in the Archives' Cartographic Section.
The second group of papers, covering the period 1954-1969, originally belonged to Arthur Limerick and R. V. Limerick and include agenda and minutes of Board of Trustee meetings, administrator's reports, and minutes and other papers of the Executive Committee. There is correspondence, with related papers, about labour relations, the nursing staff and the expansion of the buildings. Statistics and financial papers are also included.