Showing 4 results

Archival description
St. Andrews Collection
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

St. Croix Courier Clippings

  • CA CCA MC 263
  • Collection
  • 1897-2016

This collection contains clippings and photocopies of articles from a local Charlotte County newspaper called the St. Croix Courier. The topics of these articles can include events from local Charlotte County history, special ceremonies or meetings, important places, obituaries and death notices, and news. Some standout articles include a souvenir album on the visit of Prince Charles and Princess Diana to St. Andrews, articles on how the Queen's Jubilee was celebrated in St. Stephen, and an article on people from Charlotte County who moved to California for the Gold Rush. There is also a document on the history of this newspaper.

St. Croix Courier

Ministers Island

  • CA CCA MC 934
  • Collection
  • 1912-1995

This fonds contains material related to the history of Ministers Island. It includes a transcription of an interview with Wade Veinotte, who used to work on the island, as well as reports, feasibility studies, and development plans related to proposals to turn Ministers Island into a Provincial Park or other cultural resource, essays on the history of the island or the Van Horne family, photocopies of historic publications on the Van Horne family property and Sir William Van Horne, and transcriptions of original legal documents and correspondence related to the first European occupants of Ministers Island, John Hanson and his family.

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

Pagan Point Nature Preserve

  • CA CCA MC 868
  • Collection
  • 2006-2007

This collection contains a flyer and articles related to the opening of Pagan Point Nature Preserve in St. Andrews, New Brunswick. A popular area for walks located on the south-eastern shore of St. Andrews which looks out over the Passamaquoddy Bay, it contains a wooded area, a salt marsh, and a sandy beach. In the year 2000 the land was sold for development, but the new owners separated a portion of the land for residential use and donated 30 acres to the Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc. Pagan Point is notable for the ecological significance of its salt marshes, as well as for archaeological findings related to the Passamaquoddy Tribe, for which the area is also designated a Provincial Historic Site.

The Nature Trust of New Brunswick Inc.