Showing 15 results

Archival description
Print preview View:

Charles Smith Collection

  • CA CCA 556
  • Fonds
  • 1789-1990

This collection contains documents belonging to Reverend Charles M. Smith of Rollingdam, New Brunswick, including both documents related to his research projects into local history as well as his duties as a Reverend. Documents related to these duties include marriage records for marriages performed by Charles Smith, and his notes and drafts for eulogies that were done at funeral services. Documents related to Charles Smith’s research projects include hand drawn and printed maps and drawings, published material and primary documents used by Charles Smith to support his research, and notes on church history, roadwork and early travel, local history, Charlotte County schools, and genealogical data. Also included are St. Croix Courier articles and essays written by Charles Smith, as well as the drafts for those items, and his correspondences, which include letters containing information related to his research and more personal letters.

Henry Styles Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 884
  • Fonds
  • 1835-1990

These fonds contain an account book related to the business endeavors of Henry Styles, who operated a Grist Mill along the Digdeguash River.

Styles, Henry

Melvin W. Chase Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 968
  • Fonds
  • 1895-1991

This fonds contains genealogical research material and correspondence compiled by Melvin W. Chase on the Young/Jung family, of whom he is a descendant on his mother’s side, as well as other families connected with the Youngs.

Melvin W. Chase

Saint Croix Island International Historic Site

  • CA CCA MC 962
  • Collection
  • 1902-2004

This collection contains material related to the Saint Croix Island International Historic Site, including articles and essays on the history of the island, informational documents for the general public on the process of establishing the historic site, programs for special ceremonies held on the island, and plans for the development and management of the historic site.

Acadiensis Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 966
  • Fonds
  • 1907

This fonds contains material published in Maritime History magazine Acadiensis. Included are photocopies of two articles from the July 1907 issue titled "St. Andrews Epitaphs" and "The Town of St. Andrews. Some of its Early History".

United Church

  • CA CCA MC 282
  • Fonds
  • 1910-2003

This fonds contains material related to the history and administration of the United Churches in Charlotte County. Most of the material concerns the Wesley United Church in St. Andrews, but there are also documents on the Leonardville United Church, Grand Manan Methodist Church, Bocabec United Church, Kirk-McColl United Church, St. Stephen Presbytery, and the United Church Women in St. Andrews.

Wesley United Church

Kaye Walsh Fonds

  • CA CCA MC 460
  • Fonds
  • 1912-1996

3 boxes of Girl Guides of the Passamaquoddy division administrative material, training material, material from special events, and scrapbooks. Also includes some documents from the Sea Rangers of the S.R.S. Haida, and administrative documents from St. Stephen, Milltown, Pennfield, St. George, Blacks Harbour and Deer Island Girl Guide and Brownie troops, as well as a scrapbook belonging to Kaye Walsh used for a trip to Mexico.

Kaye Walsh

Ministers Island

  • CA CCA MC 934
  • Collection
  • 1912-2022

This fonds contains material related to the history of Ministers Island. It includes a transcription of an interview with Wade Veinotte, who used to work on the island, as well as reports, feasibility studies, and development plans related to proposals to turn Ministers Island into a Provincial Park or other cultural resource, essays on the history of the island or the Van Horne family, photocopies of historic publications on the Van Horne family property and Sir William Van Horne, a booklet for an exhibition of paintings by Cathy Ross of artifacts belonging to the Van Horne family on Ministers Island, and transcriptions of original legal documents and correspondence related to the first European occupants of Ministers Island, John Hanson and his family.

The Argosy Weekly

  • CA CCA MC 888
  • Collection
  • 1938

This collection contains issues of the Argosy Weekly, a newspaper published by and written for students at Mount Allison University of Sackville, New Brunswick. It includes issues published in 1938, which feature news articles, creative writing, and columns of interest to students.

The Argosy Weekly

St. Andrews Catholic Church

  • CA CCA MC 874
  • Collection
  • 1977

This collection contains items related to the history of the Catholic Church in St. Andrews, New Brunswick, including a history of the Parish of St. Andrew by Reverend D. S. Gillis. The first Catholic Church in St. Andrews was erected in 1824, on the corner of Parr Street and Mary Street. The trustees for the Church at the time were Thomas Dunn, Peter Doran, Henry O’Neill, and John Lockary. As the congregation increased in size the small 28 by 40 foot original church proved to be too small, so a new church was erected in 1885 on the corner of Parr Street and King Street which remains to this day. The old church was sold to the restaurant “L’Europe” in 1914 and was repurposed as a stage at the back of the restaurant.

Results 1 to 10 of 15