General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
- Variations in title: Formerly held as MG15 Grand Manan Chamber of Commerce / Board of Trade.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
1927, 1944-1989 (Creation)
- Grand Manan Chamber of Commerce
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Grand Manan Chamber of Commerce on Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, began as the Grand Manan Board of Trade, incorporated in 1927. From all available minutes and financial papers, it appears that the active organization began in May 1944. The first secretary-treasurers were: Walter S. Ogilvie, 1944-1945; J. Wallace McLean, 1946-1947; Kenneth W. Ingersoll, 1947-1948; L. Keith Ingersoll, 1948-1950; Leon G. Small, 1950-1951; and Rolfe W. Cronk, 1951-1952.
The name was changed to the Grand Manan Chamber of Commerce in 1980. The Chamber has been involved in improving ferry service, mail service, and road conditions. They have provided recreational activities through fairs and war celebrations. They have sought advancements for agriculture, education, housing, environment, health care, and lately, aquaculture. In 2002 the Chamber of Commerce is still active and working with the Grand Manan Tourism Association to continue improving life on Grand Manan Island.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material