Grand Harbour Store
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
CA GMA MG64
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Grand Manan Store
3 cm of textual records (1 bound book)
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Grand Harbour Store, first run by Willie and Roy Ingalls, was located in Grand Harbour on Grand Manan Island. It is unknown if this was before or after the creation of the Journal. The building, a large wooden structure that originally consisted of a store front and living quarters, is currently located at civic number 1163 Route 776, across the road from the Grand Harbour Post Office. The date for the building's construction has not been determined. The uses for the store front have at various times included a drug store, a general store, a barber shop, a nautical supply store, a Cable TV payment center, and it is currently occupied by a Radar Repair and supply store for the boats of the Island.
Custodial history: Information regarding the original creator of these records is incomplete. These records were stored by the Grand Manan Museum before the Grand Manan Archives was created in 1986.
Information regarding the original creator of these records is incomplete. These records were stored by the Grand Manan Museum before the Grand Manan Archives was created in 1986.
Scope and content
This fonds consists of a "Record of Sales" book dated April 1917 - July 1918. Entries recorded are person's name, purchases - listed with price, and the items marked 'paid' and 'copied'. There is no name of the person who recorded the information nor is there any record of who was operating the store at the time of the creation of the Journal.
Immediate source of acquisition
On November 20, 1986, these records were accessioned under the title "Parish Book Grand Manan 1869 & Journals 1889 - 1911". Originally designated MG3 Box 1 file 4, in a 2001 RAD re-description project this group was renamed 'Grand Manan Parish Book & Journals Collection', and some Journals were removed and established in their own fonds. The Grand Harbour Store Journal now has its own reference number, MG76.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
See MG111 Grand Harbour Store Oral Interviews for transcripts of the history of this store.