Fonds MG22 - Glass Eye Sewing Society

Titre propre

Glass Eye Sewing Society

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: Title based on contents.

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA GMA MG22

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Date(s)

  • 1866-1977 (Production)
    Producteur
    Glass Eye Society

Description matérielle

5 cm of textual records

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Nom du producteur

(1866 - n.d.)

Histoire administrative

In 1866, a committee known as the Glass Eye Society was formed by the Ladies Sewing Circle Society of North Head, Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick. Its purpose was to purchase land and build a public hall and school for the Island. The members of the first committee were Mrs. Elizabeth Burke, Mrs. William D. Hartt, and Mrs. James A. Pettes. Land was purchased by Ebenezer and Sarah Gaskill for $30 in November 1866 and sold to the Justice of Charlotte County for $50 in 1876. The hall was built in 1876. In 1976, the Glass Eye Society handed the property over to the Village of North Head, which accepted the responsibility for the Town Hall.

Historique de la conservation

The correspondence was previously held by the Grand Manan Museum. Harry Stanley collected the copy of the deeds and other papers from Hallie Cronk for Gleneta Hettrick, former archivist. The Minute Book was held by the Village of North Head and then the Village of Grand Manan and then donated to the Grand Manan Archives.

Portée et contenu

This fonds consists of deeds dated 1866 and correspondence, dated 1876, 1931, 1952, and 1976, about the operation of the Public Hall and its transfer to the village of North Head. The Minute Book contains names of members and positions held from 1909 - 1976 with the final recording being the turning over of the building to the Village of North Head for a Village Hall.

État de conservation

The minute book is in good condition and appears to have been repaired.

Source immédiate d'acquisition

All papers were accessioned to the Archives in 1989 and 2017

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

No restrictions.

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

Générer l'instrument de recherche

Éléments associés

Grand Manan Museum holds the projector from the Happy Hour Club.

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés