Gillis and Ford family
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
CA MtA 145
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
[190-]-1910, 1931 (Creation)
- Gillis and Ford (family)
- Fonds contains copies of these records made in 1995
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
(Branch begins in or before the early 20th century.)
Percy Gillis married Linda Trueman Ford, whose family ran Ford's Hotel in Sackville, New Brunswick.
Copyprints produced by Shyamal Mitra, Department of Reprographics, from original photographs loaned to Mount Allison University Archives by Sue Hierlihy (BA Mount Allison, 1963), the granddaughter of Percy and Linda Trueman (Ford) Gillis, 1995.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of 5 copyprints:
- Unidentified boy in horse-drawn carriage, in front of the Ford Hotel, West Main Street, Sackville, New Brunswick, early 1900s.
- Ford's Hotel (front exterior), west Main Street, Sackville, New Brunswick. The original is inscribed, "1908 Ford Hotel Sackville".
- Woman and child in horse drawn sleigh, on College Street, at the rear of the F.C. Richardson's store, Sackville, New Brunswick, with the Male Academy in the background. The original is inscribed, "1905 Nana & half-sister Hazel Ford".
- Percy Gillis in a boat on the Lily Pond, ca. 1910,
- Mount Allison Ladies' College students, near football field, 1931. The original is inscribed, "Initiation 1931"
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated by Sue Hierlihy, 1995
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Originals returned to owner.
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
Inventory available at repository