Fonds MCC14 - Carleton County Council

Titre propre

Carleton County Council

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel
  • Document iconographique

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: Title based on contents

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA CC MCC14

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Date(s)

  • 1871-1921 (Production)
    Producteur
    Carleton County Council

Description matérielle

20 cm of textual records

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Nom du producteur

(1852-1961)

Histoire administrative

Following the passage of the Municipal Corporations Act in 1852, Carleton County, New Brunswick established its first county council. The council included the parishes of Woodstock, Northampton, Brighton, Simonds, Wicklow, Wakefield, and Kent. H. E. Dibblee and William Lindsay were the first councillors of Woodstock. Parish officers were elected annually and included the following positions: overseer of the poor, commissioner of roads, town clerk, poundkeeper, hog reeve, surveyor of dams, sealer of leather, assessor of rates, surveyor of roads, constable, collector of rates, fence viewer, clerk of the market, boom master, inspector of butter, surveyor of grindstones, and field driver.

The council was responsible for local matters including fines, fees, accounts, and salaries of county officers. They were responsible for the prevention of indecency, the control of the running of large cattle, and the use of slaughter houses within town limits. They were also involved in removing nuisances and providing for ""good rule"" and government. They had custody of the common seal for the municipality, and were in charge of the lock up houses. They also oversaw the poor and regulated public exhibitions. The Carleton County Council was dissolved in 1967.

Historique de la conservation

The materials in this fonds were found in the Old Carleton County Court House located in Upper Woodstock, New Brunswick.

Portée et contenu

This fonds consists of financial documents related to the administration of Carleton County and payments to parish officers. It includes documents from the Department of Public Works and Surveyors which give names, service, and amount charged for the service. There is information about the by-laws and ledgers of summons. The payroll ledgers include names and amount received, and there are also the signed oaths of office taken by parish officers.

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Source unknown

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

No restrictions

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

A finding aid is available for this fonds.

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Lieux

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées

Sujets associés

Personnes et organismes associés

Lieux associés

Genres associés