General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on the name of the incorporated company.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Fredericton Business College Ltd.
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Fredericton Business College was founded in Fredericton, New Brunswick, in 1894 by a Mr. and Mrs. Young and was run by Colonel W.J. Osborne for 25 years. In 1937 it was destroyed by fire and moved to a more modern facility on Carleton Street. Mr. and Mrs. Guy Pond, the new chief administrators, renamed the institution the Pond Secretarial School.
Eventually, well-respected business educator A.B. Lumsden took over management, with the Bank of Nova Scotia acting as chief sponsor and managing partner. The school was incorporated in 1950 as Fredericton Business College Ltd. J. Chester MacRae served as principal from 1955 to 1970. The business college continued until 1978 when it surrendered its charter. Over the period of its existence, the college taught courses and degrees in business and secretarial skills to over 10,000 students, with additional work in accounting and commercial arts.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material