Series 20.152.03 - Fox Hill

Open original Digital object

Title proper

Fox Hill

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Museum Created

Level of description

Series

Repository

Reference code

CA HM 20.152-20.152.03

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Date(s)

  • 1980 (Creation)
    Creator
    Mary Frances Bickerton
    Place
    New Brunswick

Physical description

This series consists of 0.5 cm of textual records and 12 photographs.

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Name of creator

(1926-2016)

Biographical history

Mrs. Mary Bickerton was born on November 14, 1926 in London, England, she was the daughter of the late Frank and Florence (Hazell) Deegan. She came to Canada as a war bride in 1946. Her husband was Sergeant Gordie Bickerton, a member of the 5th Armoured Regiment (8th Princess Louise's New Brunswick Hussars). She served for 16 years postwar in the Canadian Army Militia. She was a lifetime member of the Royal Canadian Legion, a past President of the Sussex Branch # 20 as well as the 8th Canadian Hussars (Princess Louise's) Association. Mary served as a director for King's Manor and the Kiwanis Nursing Home. She was a member of the Trinity Anglican Church Choir.

Custodial history

These documents belonged to Mary Bickerton. They were donated to the 8th Hussars Museum by Michael Bickerton in January of 2020.

Scope and content

This series consists of a document outlining the history of the Estate at Fox Hill, originally built by Lieutenant-Colonel John Saunders. It also includes a pamphlet regarding the dedication of the Fox Hill Carin. The documents pertaining to the establishment of the easement for the Carin are also included. There are 12 photographs of the house being restored.

Physical condition

Good

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

  • English

Script of material

Location of originals

8th Hussars Museum

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Generated finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Description record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Digital object (Master) rights area

Digital object (Reference) rights area

Digital object (Thumbnail) rights area

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres