Type of entity
Authorized form of name
Everett, Charles Duncan
Parallel form(s) of name
Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules
Other form(s) of name
Identifiers for corporate bodies
Dates of existence
Charles Duncan Everett (1802-1889) established a hatters and furriers house in Fredericton in 1824. He soon after associated with David Strickland under the name Everett & Strickland. In 1825, they established branch houses in Saint John and in the Miramichi area. Mr. Everett moved to Saint John that same year. The firm dissolved several years later with Strickland taking the Fredericton store and Everett, the Saint John store.
Everett continued to work alone until 1848, when he took his son, Charles A. into partnership under the style of C.D. Everett & Son. This firm continued until 1866, when the father retired and Charles associated with him his brother, Edwin J. Everett, under the style of C. & E. Everett.
The first place of business was on Dock St., then at Market Square until 1837, and then located in the old Coffee House at the corner of King and Prince William St. where they continued until 1852 when they moved onto King Street. Everett's also owned a fur, hat and cap manufacturing facility which employed 30 people.