Everett, Charles Duncan

Identity area

Type of entity

Person

Authorized form of name

Everett, Charles Duncan

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1802-1889

History

Charles Duncan Everett (1802-1889) established a hatters and furriers house in Fredericton in 1824. He soon after associated with David Strickland under the name Everett & Strickland. In 1825, they established branch houses in Saint John and in the Miramichi area. Mr. Everett moved to Saint John that same year. The firm dissolved several years later with Strickland taking the Fredericton store and Everett, the Saint John store.

Everett continued to work alone until 1848, when he took his son, Charles A. into partnership under the style of C.D. Everett & Son. This firm continued until 1866, when the father retired and Charles associated with him his brother, Edwin J. Everett, under the style of C. & E. Everett.

The first place of business was on Dock St., then at Market Square until 1837, and then located in the old Coffee House at the corner of King and Prince William St. where they continued until 1852 when they moved onto King Street. Everett's also owned a fur, hat and cap manufacturing facility which employed 30 people.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places