Fonds MC392 - Devon Fire Department

Titre propre

Devon Fire Department

Dénomination générale des documents

  • Document textuel

Titre parallèle

Compléments du titre

Mentions de responsabilité du titre

Notes du titre

  • Source du titre propre: The title based on the contents of the fonds.

Niveau de description

Fonds

Cote

CA PANB MC392

Mention d'édition

Mentions de responsabilité relatives à l'édition

Mention d'échelle (cartographique)

Mention de projection (cartographique)

Mention des coordonnées (cartographiques)

Mention d'échelle (architecturale)

Juridiction responsable et dénomination (philatélique)

Date(s)

  • 1908-1933 (Production)
    Producteur
    Devon Fire Department (St. Marys, N.B.)

Description matérielle

2 cm of textual records

Titre propre de la collection

Titres parallèles de la collection

Compléments du titre de la collection

Mention de responsabilité relative à la collection

Numérotation à l'intérieur de la collection

Note sur la collection

Nom du producteur

(Organized in 1908)

Histoire administrative

The Devon Fire Department was originally organized as St. Marys Water and Fire Department at a meeting held 1 April 1908. The volunteer fire company was to consist of 12 men, one captain, and one second captain, all to be elected at the annual meeting of ratepayers. It was to serve the community of St. Marys, located on the north side of the St. John River opposite Fredericton, New Brunswick. A. Wilfred Coombs was named the department's first captain and Walter Crouse, second captain. The town of Devon was incorporated in 1917 and included the former communities of St. Marys, Gibson, Nashwaak Station, North Devon, and South Devon. In November 1918 the St. Marys fire company, along with several others located in the amalgamated communities, became part of the Devon Fire Department, which was still functioning in 1933.

Historique de la conservation

Information about the custody of this record prior to acquisition is incomplete.

Portée et contenu

This fonds consists of a single item -- a minute book containing minutes of meetings of the St. Marys Water and Fire Department and of its successor, the Devon Fire Department. The bye-laws of St. Marys Water and Fire Department are included with the minutes.

État de conservation

Source immédiate d'acquisition

Donated to the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick by Mrs. Pat Oldham of Fredericton, N.B. on 16 February 1981. The fonds arrived at PANB by way of George Bidlake of the South Devon School.

Classement

Langue des documents

  • anglais

Écriture des documents

Localisation des originaux

Disponibilité d'autres formats

Restrictions d'accès

No restrictions

Délais d'utilisation, de reproduction et de publication

Instruments de recherche

An inventory is available.

Éléments associés

Éléments associés

Accroissements

Identifiant(s) alternatif(s)

Numéro normalisé

Mots-clés - Sujets

Mots-clés - Noms

Mots-clés - Genre

Identifiant de la description du document

Identifiant du service d'archives

Règles ou conventions

Statut

Niveau de détail

Dates de production, de révision et de suppression

Langue de la description

Langage d'écriture de la description

Sources

Zone des entrées