Chatham Gas Light Company (Northumberland County)

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

Chatham Gas Light Company (Northumberland County)

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

Incorporated in 1857

History

The Chatham Gas Light Company was incorporated in 1857 by act of the Legislative Assembly. It remained in stable financial condition until 1890, two years after the electric light company was incorporated, but records later than 1890 have not been located. Richard Hocken served as secretary-treasurer of the company. The others involved in the company were William J. Fraser, George H. Russell, Hugh Bain, George Kerr, John M. Johnson, James C. E. Carmichael, William M. S. Evans, John Macdougall and Alexander Loundon.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places