Chatham Gas Light Company
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents of the fonds
Level of description
CA PANB MC55
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Chatham Gas Light Company (Northumberland County)
45 cm of textual records
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Chatham Gas Light Company was incorporated in 1857 by act of the Legislative Assembly. It remained in stable financial condition until 1890, two years after the electric light company was incorporated, but records later than 1890 have not been located. Richard Hocken served as secretary-treasurer of the company. The others involved in the company were William J. Fraser, George H. Russell, Hugh Bain, George Kerr, John M. Johnson, James C. E. Carmichael, William M. S. Evans, John Macdougall and Alexander Loundon.
This fonds was found with the papers of Richard Hocken (MC56).
Scope and content
This fonds consists of the official records of the Chatham Gas Light Company, including minutes, correspondence, accounts, and other financial documents. There are also records of stockholders and statements of gas consumption.
Immediate source of acquisition
Donated to the Provincial Archives of New Brunswick by James Fraser, of Miramichi, N.B., on 8 January 1973.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
A detailed inventory is available.
Researchers may also wish to consult MC56 Richard Hocken fonds.