General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
1826 - 1844 (Creation)
- Everett, Charles Duncan
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
Charles Duncan Everett (1802-1889) established a hatters and furriers house in Fredericton in 1824. He soon after associated with David Strickland under the name Everett & Strickland. In 1825, they established branch houses in Saint John and in the Miramichi area. Mr. Everett moved to Saint John that same year. The firm dissolved several years later with Strickland taking the Fredericton store and Everett, the Saint John store.
Everett continued to work alone until 1848, when he took his son, Charles A. into partnership under the style of C.D. Everett & Son. This firm continued until 1866, when the father retired and Charles associated with him his brother, Edwin J. Everett, under the style of C. & E. Everett.
The first place of business was on Dock St., then at Market Square until 1837, and then located in the old Coffee House at the corner of King and Prince William St. where they continued until 1852 when they moved onto King Street. Everett's also owned a fur, hat and cap manufacturing facility which employed 30 people.
Scope and content
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material