Carleton-Victoria County Teachers' Institute
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
- Source of title proper: Title based on contents.
Level of description
CA CC MCC39
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Carleton-Victoria County Teachers' Institute
20 cm of textual records
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
The Carleton County Teachers' Institute was established on 6 June 1878, in order to organize Carleton County teachers and provide a forum where teachers could discuss job related issues and professional development matters. Among the Institute's first administration were W.H. Dibblee, president; James McCoy, vice-president; Josiah Murphy, secretary-treasurer; and Susan Price and William B. Wiggins, both committee of management officers. Wiggins and Price were elected to act with the administration. Annual sessions in following years would include a nominating committee, resolution committee, and an audit committee. By 1917, the Carleton County Teachers' Institute was renamed to include the county of Victoria, thereafter; known as the Carleton-Victoria County Teachers' Institute .
Information about the custody of these records prior to acquisition is incomplete.
Scope and content
Fonds consists of records pertaining to the Carleton County Teachers' Institute and its successor body, the Carleton-Victoria County Teachers' Institute. There are minutes and registration books listing names of the original members, topics discussed, and account information. Also included in the fonds are two school registers, both from district 10 Carleton County, parish of Aberdeen, Foreston: from teacher Cassie M. J. Lee, 1924-1925; and from teacher Nora Thompson, 1928.
Immediate source of acquisition
The materials in this fonds were donated by Mr. O'Regan, superintendant of schools on 20 September 1963, at a meeting of the Teachers' Institute.
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
A file list is available for this fonds.