- Provinces and Territories (Canada), 37 results
- New Brunswick, 36 results
- Sackville, 11 results
- Saint John, 6 results
- Miramichi, 5 results
- Provinces et territoires (Canada), 5 results
- Nouveau-Brunswick, 5 results
- Comté de Northumberland, 5 results
- Fredericton, 4 results
- Charlotte County, 3 results
Buildings and structures
Buildings and structures
Buildings and structures
85 Archival description results for Buildings and structures
84 results directly related Exclude narrower terms
- CA THT 2008.13C-2008.13.03
- [after 1903]
Part of Anne & Richard Hicks Collection
Item is a photograph of the Sackville Hay & Feed Co. building on Lorne Street, Sackville, New Brunswick in the winter, with men and horse-drawn sleighs in front. Down the street is A. M. Amos’ horse shoeing shop.
- CA MNBM ID1235
This fonds consists of a typed history of the Saint John suspension bridge with a copy of a photograph of the bridge. This history was previously published in the New Brunswick Historical Society Collections (No. 10, p. 104). There is information on early attempts to build a bridge across the harbour connecting the east and west sides of Saint John, including dates and names of the individuals involved in building the suspension bridge. There are technical details of the construction of this bridge as well as general discussion of suspension bridges including one in Wales and the first Brooklyn Bridge in New York. The report of the inspecting engineer, Alexander L. Light of St. Andrews, is included in this history. Names of stockholders of the Saint John Suspension Bride Company are provided as wel as a few details about bridge finances. Also included is an account of a violent storm that badly damaged the bridge in May 1858 and nearly caused a tragedy.
Murdoch, William, Jr.
- CA PANB MC231
- 1866-1887, photocopied [ca. 1978]
This fonds consists of the records of the Second Cambridge Branch of Women's Baptist Missionary Aid Society,1870-1914, and of the Second Cambridge Baptist Sabbath School (Narrows), 1866-1887. The Women's Baptist Missionary Aid Society records include photocopies of the constitution and by-laws, minutes of meetings (1870-1892), and of a membership listing, dating from 1870-1914, that includes entries for deaths to 1962.
The manuscript records of the Sabbath School include a record book containing minutes of meetings, names of scholars, names of subscribers, and notes regarding concerts and other activities; attendance sheets (1881, 1887); a concert programme; and 2 published copies of "Visitor Lesson Quarterly" for October 1881.
Second Cambridge Baptist Church (Queens County, N.B.)
- CA CCA MC 504
This collection consists of documents concerning Sir William Van Horne and his estate on Minister's Island, including grants and deeds, account books, drawings, correspondence, news clippings, and architectural plans.
- CA PANB MC253
This fonds contains the administrative records of St. Mary's Chapel-of-Ease and of its various groups and associations. It consists of a register of confirmations (1887), registers of services, record books of contributions, and a record book of loans. Also included are minutes of the Parochial Guild and Women's Association, the Women's Association (senior and girls' branches), and the Rural Deanery, as well as a treasurer's book for the Women's Association (girls' branch) and a few pieces of correspondence relating to the Deanery. The register of services for 1921-1964 also contains entries for St. Paul's Church. Architectural plans and drawings of St. Mary's Chapel-of-Ease were transferred to the Map Section.
Anglican Church. St. Mary's Chapel-of-Ease (Chatham, N.B.)
- CA PANB MC225
This fonds consists of administrative and financial records of St. Paul's Presbyterian Church (later St. Paul's United Church of Canada) and of its various groups and societies. It includes minutes of meetings of the Congregational, Trustee, Building Committee, Pulpit Selection Committee, and the Dr. J. Arthur Forbes Memorial Committee; Session records; Treasurers' books; pew rental books; contributions books; bank books; receipts; annual reports; membership books; and records relating to the election of Elders.
Also included are a combination of minutes, financial records, membership and other records of the Guild, the Ladies Aid Society, the Women's Auxiliary, the Sunday School, the Women's Foreign Missionary Society, the Cecilia Sutherland Missionary Society, the Men's Club, the Choir, the Canadian Girls in Training (C.G.I.T.), the Young People's Society of Christian Endeavor, and the Young People's Club.
Lastly, the fonds contains records of communions, baptisms, marriages, and burials; legal records; records pertaining to the church's 150th anniversary; and copies of printed music, yearbooks, and published material, including a brief history of St. Paul's Church for the years 1832-1932.
St. Paul's United Church (Fredericton, N.B.)