- Branch begins before 1866
Charles H. Wood was the youngest son of Mariner and Louisa (Trueman) Wood, and brother of Josiah Wood. He graduated from Mount Allison Wesleyan College with a BA in 1866. He died in England in 1871 at the age of 25.
Laura S. (Trueman) Wood was the daughter of Thompson and Rebecca (Wood) Trueman. She attended Mount Allison Female Academy 1864-1874. She married Josiah Wood.
Hester V. Wood was the daughter of Josiah and Laura S. Wood. She attended Mount Allison Ladies’ College from 1897-1906. At Mount Allison she studied art under John Hammond. In 1907, she entered South Kensington Royal College of Art, London, England, studying under Edouard Lonteri. She married Lieutenant Bernard Harvey, 4 August 1910.
Eleanor Louise Wood and Herbert Mariner Wood, mentioned in file 7, are the children of Josiah and Laura S. Wood. Eleanor attended the Mount Allison Ladies’ College from 1888-1890 and 1894-1896. She married Captain Frank B. Black of Sackville, New Brunswick, 24 February 1898. Herbert was a student at the Mount Allison Conservatory of Music from 1892-1894, 1895-1897, and 1908-1914. He married Ethel B. Sumner (Ladies’ College student, 1903) in 1905.
Amasa Coy was the son of Amasa Coy, Sr., of Fredericton, New Brunswick. He was a physician, having studied and interned in Glasgow, Scotland and New York, before moving to Fredericton, where in 1837, he apparently opened a pharmacy. His brother John married Catherine P. Trueman, sister of Thompson Trueman.
Annie Rebecca Trueman was the daughter of Thompson Trueman and sister to Laura S. Wood. She attended the Mount Allison Ladies’ Female Academy and graduated in 1872, receiving a MLA certificate. She taught English at the Mount Allison Female Academy from 1883-1886.
William Crane settled in Sackville, New Brunswick, ca. 1804. He established a business at Lower Fairfield, and when it burned, rebuilt at Cranes Corner. His business was called Crane and Allison, after he invited his cousins Charles F. Allison and Joseph F. Allison to become partners. He built the stone house, now called "Cranewood," between 1836 and 1838, which was later owned by the Wood family. He represented Westmoreland County in the Assembly at Fredericton 1824-1842, and was also returned twice as Speaker. He died in 1853.