75 year reunion program
General material designation
- Textual record
Other title information
Title statements of responsibility
Level of description
CA PHI 2-B-2-3
Edition statement of responsibility
Statement of scale (cartographic)
Statement of projection (cartographic)
Statement of coordinates (cartographic)
Statement of scale (architectural)
Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)
- Macdonald Consolidated School
- Kings County
1 booklet; 21.5x14x0.1 cm
Title proper of publisher's series
Parallel titles of publisher's series
Other title information of publisher's series
Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series
Numbering within publisher's series
Note on publisher's series
Name of creator
Macdonald Consolidated School was built in the town of Kingston, Kings County, in 1904. It was the product of a rural education initiative by tobacco mogul Sir. William C. MacDonald. With the help of Prof. James Robertson of Ottawa he launched an experiment to improve education in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Ontario. The Macdonald Consolidated School in Kingston was the second to open, predated only by the one in Middleton, Nova Scotia. Seven one-room school houses consolidated in to MCS. The school was officially opened on June 16th, 1905.
Macdonald Consolidated School was the first in New Brunswick to have departments of Home Economics and Manual Training. Students where also instructed in the natural sciences and how they related to farming and agriculture.
The original school burnt down in 1909. It was, however, rebuilt and opened again in 1910. Though the new building was less impressive then the old it has been in use ever since and the school is still a place of learning to this day.
The custodial history of this item is unknown.
Scope and content
The program for the 75 year reunion of Macdonald Consolidated School in 1979.
Immediate source of acquisition
Language of material
Script of material
Location of originals
Availability of other formats
Restrictions on access
Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication
There are two copies of this item stored in the Peninsula Heritage Archives.