104th Battalion

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

104th Battalion

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1888-1917

History

The 104th Battalion, CEF, was an infantry battalion of the Great War Canadian Expeditionary Force. The 104th Battalion was authorized on 22 December 1915 and embarked for Britain on 28 June 1916, where, on 18 July 1916, its personnel were absorbed by the 17th Reserve Battalion, CEF and the 32nd Battalion, CEF, to provide reinforcements for the Canadian Corps in the field. The battalion disbanded on 27 July 1918.[1] The 104th Battalion recruited throughout New Brunswick and was mobilized at Sussex.[2] The 104th Battalion was commanded by Lt.-Col. G.W. Fowler from 28 June 1916 to 22 January 1917 and by Lt.-Col. A.E. Mings from 22 January 1917 to 2 March 1918.[3] The 104th Battalion was awarded the battle honour THE GREAT WAR 1916-18.[4] The 104th Battalion, CEF is perpetuated by The Royal New Brunswick Regiment.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC